Upgrade to The Things Network v3.17.0 (completed)

Completed: Upgrade to The Things Network v3.17.0

This is a cross-post of an incident on our The Things Network status page.
It will be updated automatically.

Scheduled: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 09:30:00 +0100 until 13:30:00 +0100

Resolved: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 13:20:21 +0100

Affected Components

• Europe 1 (eu1.cloud.thethings.network): Operational
  • North America 1 (nam1.cloud.thethings.network): Operational
  • Australia 1 (au1.cloud.thethings.network): Operational

Scheduled

Posted: Fri, 07 Jan 2022 14:14:27 +0100

During this maintenance window we will upgrade The Things Network v3.17.0

We do not expect noticeable downtime during this deployment.

Here is the changelog since the current version v3.16.2:

Added

• Support reading the Join Server's default JoinEUI and using this in the CLI for end device creation.
    • The Join Server has a new API GetDefaultJoinEUI.
    • The default JoinEUI can be configured on the Join Server using the option --js.default-join-eui.
  • Filtering of end device frequency plans in end device forms based on band id in the Console.
  • Showing automatically set entity locations in the Console.
  • Applications, OAuth clients, gateways and organizations now have an administrative_contact and technical_contact.
    • This requires a database schema migration (ttn-lw-stack is-db migrate) because of the added columns.

Deprecated

• The contact_info fields of applications, OAuth clients, gateways, organizations and users.

Fixed

• CLI panic when getting devices.
  • Application uplink processing serialization behavior in the Application Server.

In Progress

Posted: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 09:30:41 +0100

Scheduled maintenance is currently in progress. We will provide updates as necessary.

Completed

Posted: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 13:20:21 +0100

The scheduled maintenance has been completed.

1 Like

The incident on our status page was just updated with new information. The first post in this topic has been updated accordingly.

Not sure if this introduced some issues, I rebooted one of my servers around the same time - trying to understand % of msg’s not being forwarded

This is acknowledged on Slack #Ops channel and here Messages not being forwarded (investigating)

1 Like

I believe the problem I’m having is coming from this upgrade. My gateway has not been able to accept any join since 9.50(Paris) this morning.

It’s fixed

1 Like

My gateway started forwarding at 13.03. Thanks

Wow, time travel!

What time zone is that?

The incident on our status page was just updated with new information. The first post in this topic has been updated accordingly.

I saw data starting to come through again around 11:50/1155 UK which stacks with:

1.03 PM (GMT+1). So 12.03 GMT. I was waiting for it and I tried to reboot the gateway and it started working 10-15 minutes after the reboot.

All good this end, thanks for each reply

No sure when but we have fallen back to v3.16.2? was this announced anywhere

Good spot