V2 to V3 downlink and node visibility, broker settings and repeated frames

Hello,

I have tried the conversion to V3 with a custom node (RFM95) and my gateway (Dragino LPS8). I have registered the devices with the same EUIs as before, switched the gateway to the V3 server, and the join process is already working. But there are different problems that confuse me a bit. Please excuse me if several topics are mixed up here.

1. not really V3 specific as the problem also occurred with V2, but now I can see in the event log that some downlinks fail because they come “too early”. what does this refer to? is this a problem with the gateway and if so, how could this be prevented? (e.g. longer rx delay?).

2. i generally don’t see any details about the downlinks, i.e. the raw payload. i’ve already read that this may be related to the broker. but the link under the profile only takes you back to the console. also, according to the console, the uplinks are forwarded to v2, but i haven’t set that up either.

3. repeated frames (eg because the previous downlink failed) are recognized as such, but apparently no longer answered. this worked but until recently, has something changed?

and 4. even after a successful join process, the console for the node shows “Last seen info unavailable”, although the identifiers match.

probably most of this is just a matter of configuration, i am happy to provide additional information if needed.

thanks in advance!