What is the status of the TTN Gateway?

The act is getting better. when replying the email from Skynet I get this:
afbeelding

1 Like

We alerted Skynet about the refused emails, they promised that they will fix their spam filter asap.

1 Like

Ok, I have a mini competition. I have now two tracking numbers: Skynet and Whistl (?) lets see who wins!:face_with_raised_eyebrow: Skynet is more than one month ahead of Whistle and has my parcel already in EU. Not a fair competition I would guess :roll_eyes:

1 Like

your Parcel is expected to be delivered on Sun, Jan 14, 2018 (webshop order)

1 Like

Status of mine unchanged till January 8. Must be very very complex to prapare my parcelā€¦
Maybe they are out of gold wrap and decoration diamonds. Yes my comment is sarcasticā€¦ I know.
08-01-2018 17:01 HONG KONG Sender is preparing item for posting

1 Like

Hi, may I ask what your order number is? Thanks!

Kickstarter 731

Or maybe they just prepare hundreds of parcels and then send them all out in one batch.

the real reason is:

Santa Claus has been too busy packing christmas parcels and shipping them worldwide with his renā€¦ all his helpers went to amazon logisticsā€¦ so he had not the time he needed packing TTN parcelsā€¦

Oh well. London claims my parcel was shipped to Amsterdam January 3rd (despite the online tracking not showing any update whatsoever). Amsterdam claims they did not receive it, and that I need to contact Hong Kong. (And their first email today was not delivered to me either.) So, Iā€™ve sent another email to TTP insteadā€¦

this is called ā€œautoroutingā€ in a mesh network. very normal!

2 Likes

@bluesensing1 Auto?

My Farnell order of 5 GWā€™s was delivered within days in the Netherlands. My earlier order (nov/dec) for 2 GWā€™s at TTN shop just got a tracking number. Things will be good.

1 Like

I paid the VAT to that Polish shipping hub two days ago and yet the parcel just stays put in the hub in Warsaw nothing happens. I was backer 93 one of the earlier backers and today 12 januari still nothing to show for it. What a mess this whole crowdfunding thing. Would be beter of if I just had bought it at farnell. I would have the gateway a month ago without risk and all this hassle. I did ask the VAt back from the Things network but the reply to come back to them next week because they are busy. Guess what even getting back the VAT from this ill fated company does not go very smooth. The probably think people give uip on it when they get delaying there promises.

1 Like

If it would have existed without the Kickstarter, and if there would have been a community network to connect it to.

3 Likes

Another Hongkong day is overā€¦ and they are still preparing my itemsā€¦ no change in tracking information since 4 days.

Holidays in Hong Kong in 2018 - none currently.
Holidays in China in 2018 - none currently.

1 Like

ā€¦but chinese new year is around, that means long holidays in china, afaik

Same here - but I donā€™t think the shipper delivery date is correct really.
Its better to prepare oneself on what others have experienced, I think the delivery date will change once the shipper has progressed it to the next stage.

My POV is that the gateway is finally on its way and its pointless getting annoyed by the shipperā€™s miscommuinication. TTN canā€™t really do much about it - other than highlight what can reasonably be expected based on other peopleā€™s experiences.

It seems normal that one has to wait an additional 4 weeks after a tracking number has been received. Under the circumstances of the whole TTN project, I can only say that for myself, that is OK. I hope you find it OK too - no point in getting annoyed when the date eventually changes

Maybe I am expecting too muchā€¦ but as compared to the tracking information I get from aliexpress the ttn shippers tracking info is poor so farā€¦

This is a tracking example from ali for an item ordered January 1 :

Handed to customs
2018-01-09 07:13:00
Arrival at border point in the destination country
2018-01-09 07:12:00
Arrive at destination country
2018-01-09 07:12:00 [GMT+8]
Shipped by air
2018-01-02 15:48:45 [GMT+8]
The consignment has left the border point
2018-01-02 09:30:00
arrive export exchange