What's your experience with pcbs.io?

I have ordered pcbs on 12.2. and received from Florida to Slovenia on 4.3. They have sent me even one piece of each kind of three pcb more. Quality of pcb is quite good. So from my experience they are reliable.

(Iranwes) #22

I have not used PCBs.io or OSHPark, i use Seeed Studio Fusion for PCB prototype for a year, it's a great alternatives in price, quality is fine too.

(Allen) #23

So their website says boards are shipped within 7-10 days, and my prior 2 orders ran within this window. I now have a board that’s been paid for and sitting there for 20 days, and reading through this thread this seems like it might be normal. As others have noted, there are zero contact details on their site to even ask about status. Are they even still in business? They’re happy to take the money, but not so happy to offer any sort of communication or support.

This will for sure be the last time I use them. I don’t mind long lead times if they’re up front about it, but pulling all contact information from the web site is a pretty bad sign.

(Deux Vis) #24

I have had delays from order to shipping between 10 and 24 days in the past at pcbs.io

Being a batch production system, it all depends if you order when the next panel is soon going to be full or just started accumulating orders.

In my opinion this is not a system for hurried people with delay constraints, but it is great for hobbyists.

(Batigolle) #25

Hi all
My experience
Ordered 15 boards (3 types x 5), destination Italy
Shipped after 15 days
Arrived after 29 days from the order

(Wijnand) #26

Is there anyone who knows how to communicate (e.i. e-mail address) with PCBs.io? Please help!

[PCB] Arduino Pro mini + RFM95W + 18650 LiPo with freq uA deep sleep and solar chargeable

I got pcbs there ordered too since 2018-03-30 and all it shows “in Fabrication”, wondering if i will see them at all…

(B Eason) #28

Similar experience here. I designed and ordered a board for a friend earlier this year (2018). PCBs.io said it would take 2 weeks. After a month and no update from them, and no customer service link in the website, I re-ordered the boards from OshPark. After they were in fabrication at OshPark, I finally got an update from PCBs.io that my boards were in. We received the purple ones (OshPark) about 2-3 days after the black ones. Never again, even for a better price. Go with OshPark.

(Linar) #29

I’ve placed 2 orders on PCBs.io of my own pcb design in February 2018. Second one was placed 1 week after the 1st order.
For both orders it took 1 week for “waiting for panelization” status.
About 2 weeks for “in fabrication”.
Delivery of first order took almost 3 weeks. Second one had become delivered within 10 days. I’ve got both pcbs in first week of April.

Total turnaround time from the order(s) to my hands took 1-1.5 month.

Overall PCB quality is quite good.
One free extra board in both cases.

I’ve also had history of ordering at OSHpark.
They had spent about 1 week less for panelization & fabrication.
OSHpark’s silkscreen is better. Purple color of their PCB makes them easier to trace routing of copper wires.

(Linar) #30

Is there anyone who knows how to communicate (e.i. e-mail address) with PCBs.io?

I’ve sent them 2 e-mails. One as a reply on the order confirmation/status e-mail.
And second on support@makerbright.com (MakerBright is currently actual operator of PCBs.io service).

They did NOT respond in both cases.

(Jeff Uk) #31

Is it me or are they throwing up Cert errors on site - http diverting to https that is then flagged with errors (both IE & FFox)

(Jens) #32

Me too. (FFox)

Greets

(Kylix) #33

Order placed on the 13th of May, still “In Fabrication” …

(Deux Vis) #34

Placed one on May 16th and it has shipped on June 6th - not arrived yet - so it seems a somewhat random experience.

(Kylix) #35

PCB’s arrived today!!! On the website, the status is still “In Fabrication”. They were kind to send me 25 boards instead on 20!

(Deux Vis) #36

Those PCBs were actually arrived and waiting in my mailbox while I was writing that 5 days ago.