MCCI Catena 4470
Modbus Node for LoRaWAN Technology
The MCCI Catena® 4470 Modbus Node for LoRaWAN™ technology is a powerful open-source IoT device that integrates Modbus control with The Things Network. Based on the Adafruit Feather M0 system, the Catena 4470 is a ready-to-use platform for Modbus-oriented LoRaWAN 1.0 and 1.1 wireless IoT applications.
The Catena 4470 can also be used to add Modbus and sensing to any member of the Adafruit Feather system.
Although it's available in several variants, the recommended base configuration consists of:
- The Adafruit Feather M0 board. Features:
- ARM Cortex M0 CPU at 48 MHz
- 256 kilobytes of flash program memory
- 32 kilobytes of static RAM
- 900 MHz LoRa® radio from Hope RF
- USB port for charging and programming
- Compatible with a wide range of Adafruit Feather Wings
- Battery charging circuit for LiPo batteries
- Fifteen I/O pins with a variety of supported protocols
- The Catena 4470 sensor wing, including:
- RS-485 transceiver for connecting to Modbus, with 120 ohm termination;
- Screw terminals (on the assembled models) for connecting to the Modbus field wiring, and for connecting to additional external sensors.
- Processor-controlled power switches for the RS485 transceiver and the external sensors.
- A Bosch BME-280 sensor, measuring temperature, humidity, and barometric pressure;
- A lux sensor, measuring from 0 to 65,536 lux of ambient light;
- 2 kbytes of ferro-electric RAM (FRAM) for non-volatile storage of network parameters, session keys, and application data (fully meeting requirements of LoRaWAN 1.1);
- One megabyte of SPI flash, for use for staging firmware-over-the-air and local data storage;
- A whip antenna.
- A 350 mAh Lithium Polymer ("LiPo") battery.