Basics Station LoRa gateway on RPi + RAK2245 and balena

@Jeff-UK, definitely! The only objection to this fact is, RAK831 sometimes work with wrong settings also as you can see here (my first RAK831):
But my second RAK831 starts only with right settings:
Anyway, thanks to @gy4nt and @Jeff-UK - you’ve pointed me into right direction!

1 Like

Would also like to use a Zero with my ch2i shield for the RAK831. I found some hints to add Rpi as target but i still get build errors.

1 Like

@gy4nt your help would be appreciated

Let me know if you can introduce Pi Zero as a target on basicstation @huberse that would be a nice PR for the project :slight_smile:

Perhaps it could run your new Docker image of the Stack as well? :grin:

a first success and just FYI - I’m not a developer … i can only RTFM :wink:

[main] Successfully built 856258247ea9
[Info] Uploading images
[Success] Successfully uploaded images
[Info] Built on arm06
[Success] Release successfully created!
[Info] Release: 3d342e033ef4be311664bed7ac971982 (id: 1901370)
[Info] β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”¬β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”¬β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
[Info] β”‚ Service β”‚ Image Size β”‚ Build Time β”‚
[Info] β”œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”Όβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”Όβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€
[Info] β”‚ main β”‚ 232.03 MB β”‚ 2 minutes, 46 seconds β”‚
[Info] β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”΄β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”΄β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
[Info] Build finished in 4 minutes, 36 seconds

i needed to add to setup.gmk

• ARCH.corecell.rpi = arm-linux-gnueabihf
  • ARCH.rpi.rpi = arm-linux-gnueabihf

seems a problem to push it from Windows due to some local permission issues, so i did it on linux.
It deploys and is starting. Interestingly, it always tries to reset on pin 11 - regardless if i change the variable for the device or the whole fleet

[TTN Gateway]: Resetting concentrator on pin 11

looking to deploy a complete new device as it also will not update the host os. Will let you know

UPDATE : It’s all up and running. Pi Zero | ch2i | RAK831
created a new device with latest OS and now all variables are correctly taken, GW is connected

3 Likes

That’s super awesome @huberse looking forward to see your PR in the repo :slight_smile:

Hi Marc.

I already deploy it to my RAK2245 and works fine.

I also have a couple of questions:
This basic station support a GPS configuration?
Can I get the location of my Gateway and send it to TTS?

Thank you very much.

Alvaro.