Big diy SENSOR topic

I made bad experience with such a moisture sensor from Tindie.
The weak points of these are, that the SMALL side of the board is not sealed and it gets whet under the lackage and it blisters off (in my case after some month!)
Very sad, that the seller take no notice of the problem, nor action to replace it.
So you have to seal it with “tropenlack” to make shure it’s prepared for a long life.
Soil_Sensor_Blistering_2

1 Like

good results with this kind of sensor right now

Those small soil sensors are pretty poor and only an indication that the soil is wet or dry and wont last very long. To do any serious long term soil moisture monitoring at any depth then you’d need to look at professional sensors from Irrometer, Sentek and others.
They may not be budget sensors, but you get what you pay for,

Andrew

1 Like

Hello

At this moment i found this :
PiGI goes TTN - IoT Radiation Monitoring

At this point, 12 PiGI - Raspberry Pi Geiger-Müller Interface nodes are in active deployment at TDRM, helping to monitor the environment independently and so far reliably. Additional 12 nodes are on the current roadmap. That is a great success story and just in the spirit of the idea, development and open-source model of it.

Now the TDRM Working Group at Karel-de-Grote Hogeschool, Campus Hoboken in Antwerp pushed it even further and developed a LoRaWan based TTN (The Things Network) Adapter for the PiGI, to have it connected to the Internet of Things.

https://apollo.open-resource.org/mission:log:2018:03:12:pigi-goes-ttn-iot-radiation-monitoring

2 Likes

open source … open ideas , I like it :sunglasses:

ML8511 sensor breakout is an easy to use ultraviolet light sensor

Micro LiDAR Module measuring the distance to an object as close as 30 centimeters and as far as 12 meters

SparkFun VR IMU Breakout is a cutting edge triple axis accelerometer/gyro/magnetometer

CO₂ Humidity and Temperature Sensor - SCD30
https://www.sensirion.com/en/environmental-sensors/carbon-dioxide-sensors-co2/

15177-SparkFun_Proximity_Sensor
SparkFun Proximity Sensor Breakout - 20cm, VCNL4040 (Qwiic)

1 Like

14%20PM

Analog%20Sound%20Level%20Meter
Gravity: Analog Sound Level Meter

1 Like

Soil moisture and soil humidity are different things. You will see almost no response in soil humidity until the soil moisture becomes very dry.