Cannot get OTAA Join working for second-hand device

Hey Arjanbanb,

I actually haven’t used any TTN generated keys. I have replace all the keys with the once i already had.

In Theory they match. But this is in theory. The only way i can 100% be sure is if i can check the keys which are on the Node itself. But that seems almost impossible if i am correct.

That’s all you have to answer to my questions? Oh well, good luck, I’m out of here then.

Hey arjanvanb,

My apologies. I really appreciate your help and the questions you are asking are perfect. It is has been my best day to day, so i am sorry for not giving you a complete answer. I will definitely answer all your question in a really good manner.

So once again, my sincere apologies. And i really hope that you are still up for the challenge and willing to share your helpful insights and knowledge. :slight_smile:

Hey arjanvanb,

where did your friend use it earlier?

My friend used it on a different network server. So he never actually configured here on TTN and the other server it not anymore available :sob:
I remember him showing me that the data was coming in and he has been using it for couple of months before he deleted it on the other server and gave it to me to practice and get going with LoRa.

I have double/triple checked all the keys and also replicated it to TTN as they were provided by my friend and it still just shows me the Join request.

Luckily, my friend provided me with another device (temperature sensor) and he also gave me exactly the same type of information

1. DevEUI
  2. AppEUI
  3. AppKey

So here, i did the same as before and made a new Application and registered a new device. But this case was different that the previous one, because now i could finally see the Sensor only and also receiving data from the Temperature sensor

I actually jumped up :smiley:

Still looking for the problem

It indeed seems that you were right @arjanvanb. The data that i got from my friend doesn’t match with the one on the sensor itself.

I need to do a bit more digging to see if I can find what keys are actually on the sensor itself.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.