Connecting TTIG to The Things Stack (TTN V3)

There appear to be a number of things going on here, assuming TTNIG is actually The Things Indoor Gateway:

• v2 traffic is forwarded to v3 and has done since we started using it - so there is likely a configuration issue on your devices. Where these devices migrated? What join method do they use - ABP or OTAA?

• When you say you tried the different router addresses, the TTIG doesn’t give you that option as far as I recall, so can you clarify what you are doing when you tried the different addresses.

But the good news is we are literally days away from migrating TTIG’s to v3 - it is actually available now if you know the magic incantations on the command line tool - and the functionality for doing it on the console is very very close.

Hi Nick,

Do you care to share these ‘magic incantations’ or tell us where we can find them? :innocent:

Cheers,

Erwin

1 Like

I could, but then I’d have to send a crack team of Ninja Assassins afterwards.

You could try the documentation:

https://www.thethingsindustries.com/docs/gateways/gateway-claiming/claim-gateways/

Whilst I’m sure this issue is burning a hole in your soul, you could just hang on a few more days whilst bigger brains than ours figure out the details, cross the i’s and dot the t’s and generally make it safe for public consumption.

Of course, none of this may help you as you didn’t answer either of my questions and we may well just be circling back to the v3 console not seeing traffic or where you were putting the router address!

“I could, but then I’d have to send a crack team of Ninja Assassins afterwards.”

:slight_smile: Understood

“Of course, none of this may help you as you didn’t answer either of my questions…”
Case of mistaken identity… wasn’t me :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Erwin

Ah, yes, sorry, speed over the ground.

Web console being tested by TTI staff before live deployment. More news at 11.

2 Likes

“More news at 11”

“… At 11…” This information is utterly useless :laughing:

11:00, 23:00, UTC, CDT, EDT? :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Erwin

2 Likes

He does not mean literally 11. It’s a US thing. The best description I could find for the saying “News at 11” from reddit:

It’s a trope referencing a time when there was only a morning news, an evening news, and late night news, and nothing else. Special stories that broke during the day and too hot to wait for morning would air at 11.

3 Likes

Hahaha, I totally missed that. Thanks for the clarification.

Erwin

And here’s the breaking news.

One of the leading experts got in a tangle migrating one of his remote TTIGs but got it working. TTI team are tweaking some bits as the error message would have us mortals running for the hills …

2 Likes

The leading expert’s side kick (me) has migrated one of his TTIG’s but needs to do some clean up as the first run didn’t quite take. So we are close.

And the Leading Expert’s Sidekick’s bag carrier & boot cleaner (me) will likley be helped with a couple of crutches to limp through the process breaking things and looking for gotcha’s over next day or two to see how resiliant & idiot proof (me again) the process is… more news by the weekend?! :rofl:

3 Likes

So,

I recently buy 3 TTIG and now i can’t use them.

Should I send back to the suplier and buy another brand?

Waiting for promptly answer.

Regards

You can use them. The instructions on how to connect them to V3 will be available later today.

We are volunteers spending our time to help other forum users. Demanding answers is not the way to go.

Really? Why not? You’ve not said why …

And if you read the forum, you’ll see that you can, if we infer that you mean you bought a product just as the easiest place to deploy it was publicly going read-only …

For anyone with new TTIGs reading this topic. When it comes to TTIG the word ‘migrate’ is used a lot where we probably should use ‘claim’, to connect new TTIGs to V3 you can use the same procedure used to migrate TTIGs from V2 to V3, no need to register them in V2.

The problem is not you.

The problem is the manufacturer, which sells a gateway that only connects to the TTN and takes off a system (V2) that is working without having the new (V3) working perfectly.

Sorry if I was aggressive, but I’m in the middle of a POC and I can’t test the up and down as a whole.

I read practically the entire site, every post. I’m letting off steam because I don’t see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Regards

I’d re-stress the two important points here:

1. You purchased something with all the info available about how it could be deployed publicly available so much of the responsibility for this situation is self-generated.

2. The instructions for setting up on v3 are in two threads on this forum.

I’ve tried everything. Following all tutorials. The detail is the CUPS and LNS that configure the TTIG.

It is not connected in version 3.

It’s also registered in version 2, but I can’t add devices anymore.

I can see LoRa packages arriving in traffic on V2.

There are no tutorials.

If it’s on v2, then, as I’m sure you will know from research, it will forward packets to v3, so it’s all good and you can carry on with your PoC testing.

But if you look around the forum, you’ll find the instructions for getting a TTIG on to v3.

Should I use the CLI method?

Has anyone managed to connect and can show step by step better than what is already on the site?

Regards