Create a mapping node with t-beam step by step

Hello. I did all stapes but in Serial Monitor i can read the follow text " No gps Fix ".
Do you have any idea what am i doing wrong ?

Great resource by @LoRaTracker, as mentioned elsewhere when looking for this problem on the forum:

Unfortunately it didn’t work out. I wonder if the the Activation Method ABP is the write choice

An error like “No gps Fix” has nothing to do with LoRaWAN, hence is not related to, e.g., the LoRaWAN activation method.

Ohh i see. As intigretion i am using TTN Mapper and the status is Running. But still can’t receive data from TTGo T-Beam

Without GPS fix, how should the tbeam transmitting the position?

1. Make sure you get GPS signal.
    1.a. if you don’t get GPS reception outside, check if the GPS antenna is connected and in good position
    1.b. if you did everything to get GPS fix and still no reception, contact your dealer, your device is defect.
  2. After GPS fix it could take 1minute till the node transmitts the first position.
  3. If no receiver is in range, you have another problem.
  4. The protocol is according the description in GitHub.
1 Like

GPS still dont work. The thing is the simble Blink sketch did work too. The pins with 3.3 V are actually 1.8 V.

The GPS is independent to the sketch afaik.
So if the GPS thing is not working you can use it for stuff without GPS function or put it in the bin and call your dealer.
I had one without GPS working and kept it as hardware backup.

Hello gang
After from a long search on TTGO T-Beam i am facing some news and some old problems.
Ηow can i activate gps? Some users says i have to use a library in order to activate the GPS module. The thing here is i cant find nothing on this.I can upload programs on my device and working great. Only GPS make my life nightmare.Can anyone help me on this ?
Thanks for your time.

Again, if the red led of the GPS don’t blink, it’s defect. The GPS module works when its powered. Maybe you don’t believe me, so keep on wasting time searching for a solution…good luck.
And this thread is not about fixing a t-beam. It’s about creating a mapping node.

1 Like

Thanks a lot.

Tested with T-Beam v1.0 - works fine as well.

Which sketch did you use?

For v1.0 use this sketch, the relevant libraries and dependencies. Be aware to press the PWR BTN when the IDE wants to start the download to the board (115kBd).

Hi, i have an TTGO T-Beam with the hottimuc firmware. But i don´t know how does it works. After the GPS Fix i get two messages, all 30 seconds “Packet queued” and “EV_TXCOMPLETE”.
If i drive around with my car, i get the two messages all time every 30 seconds. Is this OK? I think i should get some error if there is no gateway in the range?

Greetings

There is no general acknowledgement, sent back to a node, that a packet sent has been received by a gateway.