Launched your "OWN" satellite into Low Earth Orbit

That is the nice thing about the topic on Amabasat, Lacuna announced at TTN Conference to allow TTN users to use their satellites during a test phase. Nobody complained than.

Presumably they applied for and got an experimental license ?

In ISM band? Serious?

I believe you can ask the ITU for such permission.

Maybe worth checking with Lacuna ?

Sure! We can see attempts of Ambasat to do things in a decent and legal manner.

For the broadcast during the TTN conference, they may very well have gotten an experimental license. The transmissions were limited in time (just during the conference) and I think they were also limited geographically (the satellite only broadcasted when above the horizon from Amsterdam’s point of view). I am not sure about jurisdiction though, “above the horizon” does not mean within The Netherlands, and I think the satellite was Norwegian. This is speculation on my part though; would be great to hear from Lacuna Space themselves if they are willing to share.

An experimental license would refrain them from having commercial operations

@BOG106 here were no commercial operations during the TTN conference (if you mean Lacuna Space). For AmbaSat, I don’t think there is commercial intent.

@mfalkvidd I’m not refering to the TTN conference but to their entire plan in the future, when they start providing service to customers

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.