LMIC - Node is unable to register in the application

I don’t see that in the Gateway console anymore, but I looked in the earlier ones and there was no information there to be picked up by another Gateway.

Regarding whether or not to be sure, yes to this Gateway there is quite a high hill to this covered with forest, this frequency will not get in this direction from a small antenna from the room I am 100% sure of this.
Note that here it is only about testing of the prepared Nod to cover the topic of data collection and their transmission/reading.
Until the end of the tests I had no intention to take this Nod outside.

Evidence would suggest otherwise …

Crystal balls aside, if you mean configure and leave it alone for many years, yes, it will run a seamless gateway and as LoRaWAN is an accredited standard, if you do choose to upgrade the firmware, Mikrotik will be breaking the point of their own product if they don’t stick to the standard. Not that the gateway does that much, so there’s not much to change.

For your 3 options, there is some investment in time and a bit of money for you to learn what’s what so you can understand the answers. So get a TTIG, adapt it for an external antenna if you want to, and then you will be able to read the answers about why future compatibility isn’t a thing, whether using an embedded processor or an SD Card based SBC is better, that there are few Pi’s setup as outdoor gateways and that “outdoor” could mean IP54 in a plastic box or it could be IP67 on the top of an antenna installation.

So get a TTIG, learn, ask questions here, learn more (see link at top of menu) and create a solution!

The whole idea behind LoRaWAN is Low power, Long Range, good penetration into buildings and long battery life.

Good idea to have a gateway as it make development easier.

If you look around there are numerous outdoor and indoor gateways, just make sure it is LoRaWAN compliant, 8ch or more.

Could not agree more.

For development of application, testing of nodes and demonstrations the TTIG is hard to beat.

And being a compliant Gateway you know that any development stuff you do is not going to be wasted …

Yes, only if I buy TTIG then I can only rely on what I read in the Gateway console, but I do not have the ability to plug into the console of TTIG itself .
Please correct me if I don’t know something.
I would prefer to have a full picture of how it works before the packets are sent to TTN.

What solution would you suggest regarding building your own TTN Gateway ?

You can by soldering on the pin headers - but why do you need to read the console of the gateway - many people do and post the results on here asking for us to interpret the logs for them.

Which we can do, but mostly a gateway is an appliance - I rarely look at gateway web console logs and very very very rarely look at the RAK/Pi/TTIG/TTOG/LPS8/uAP logs and I design & build devices - I can see from the device logs if I’ve screwed up something.

I’d not recommend building a gateway until you have a known good one and a known good device - if you don’t like the TTIG, a Dragino LPS8 seems to be good.

I would first get and setup\operate a TTIG, so that you can be sure that any nodes you are developing\building are working as they should.

Then, once familiar with operating a Gateway, I would probably look at building a Raspberry Pi based Gateway.

Don’t, there is no need and it doesn’t add value over the MikroTik offerings. RPi based solutions were nice when we started because of the price point, these days a turn key solution is cheaper and does not suffer from SDcard issues.

Topic to be closed I bought TTIG.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.