LoRaWAN gateway without Lora concentrator (not possible)

Hello all!
Sorry for writing in this topic, I’m new in this forum and couldn’t figure out how to create a new one.
I had just one questions regarding the gateway connecting to ttn.
Actually, I have only Raspberry PI3 b+ WITHOUT lora module, so I would like to know, can I use it as a gateway (without lora functions) for testing purposes.
I’m creating a software so I need to receive some messages from the gateway to test and debut my application. I don’t need a lora network yet or any data from sensors…

No, that would be meaningless - a LoRaWan gateway isn’t a LoRaWan gateway unless it has applicable radio capabilities.

I’m creating a software so I need to receive some messages from the gateway to test and debut my application. I don’t need a lora network yet or any data from sensors…

In LoRaWan, which is all that is on topic here on the TTN forum, your software would not interact with gateways at all, but only with the TTN servers which synthesize, validate and (usually) decrypt the feed from any and all gateways hearing the node.

If you are trying to do something that is not a part of the LoRaWan network that is TTN, you are asking in the wrong place.

1 Like

Understood, thank you!

Please do not hijack other people’s topics for unrelated questions. There are reasons new users need to spend some time on the forum before being able to start topics. Once you spend some time (and that means not open an account and start asking questions right away) you are able to start a new topic.

sorry, I didn’t know that

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.