Mkrwan 1310 appeui and appkey format

I searched through the GitHub Repository and found this:

int endPacket(bool confirmed = false) {
    uint8_t buffer[LORA_RX_BUFFER];
    memset(buffer, 0, LORA_RX_BUFFER);
    int size = tx.get(buffer, tx.size());
    return modemSend(buffer, size, confirmed);
  }

I’m not entirely sure of the code, but that seems to be the full function. I’m not entirely sure why, but I think this is mainly whats preventing the packet from being sent.

I’ve tried it again, still getting “error sending message :(” on the first configuration example. However, I can see the message it has sent in the Things Network Panel
I find this strange, as I have the payload formatter on so it should decode it. Also, these hex values are no where to be found in the JSON file. I am also wondering what ledState is doing here.

I’m still using the MKRWAN_V2 library, as when doing firmware update to 1.3.0.0, the MKRWAN library stopped working.

What boards and libraries do you guys use for development?

I’ve tried to go back to the MCCI LMIC library for this board, but again they do no provide adequate pin outs in the documentation. A lot of stuff seems to be missing. I can’t find a reliable board.

Whilst I can see how that could be technically possible, that’s strapping a small Diesel engine on to a Tesla.

As for reliable boards, the MKR WAN is a SAMD21 with an STM32L072Z so plenty of horse power. I have some deployed in South Africa that are recording >50degC so reliable environmentally as well as top quality components. But Arduino’s expertise doesn’t cover all aspects of embedded computing, so there are some elements that need a bit prior experience to cover.

You could look at the list of supported boards for the LMIC-node and go a little slower. I’d very strongly recommend the Adafruit Feather M0 with RFM95 - it needs a wire soldering on to do LoRaWAN but is a solid platform with plenty of memory. It is also supported by the raw MCCI LMIC.

Thank you for your recommendation. I’ve lost hope with the MKRWAN 1030, I still can’t get it to work. Is it possible to use a proper antenna with this board? The Dragino Shield came with one which was quite useful.

Sure, that’s the uFl connector on the board. Whereas the Adafruit Feather doesn’t have a connector but you can add one or just use an appropriate length wire. It’s all a huge crapshoot at the DIY level. And for some of the fully formed off=the-shelf ones too.