Modules on SAMR34?

Greeting from Australia Okhan, I just ordered one. :grinning:

Did you use the Microchip RF reference design which can do both 868MHz and 900MHz?

Have you been able to test the receiver sensitivity to see if there are any anomalies

Regs Joey

1 Like

Coverage: Hackster.io

1 Like

Hi, Joey

sorry for the late reply. I just saw your comment.

Yes, I mostly used the Microchip reference design, and it supports both ranges.

Since I don’t have proper RF testing tools, I could only rely on the reference design. So far it seems to work without any issues.

Regards,
Orkhan

Hi All,
Anybody know Lora alliance certification process for SAMR34 Device. As per my understanding we need to do certification for loraWAN stack. Please correct me if I am wrong here. What will be the Lora Alliance certification process for SAMR34 module (custom module)?

A module by itself can not be certified. Only a complete node : module, LoRaWAN stack, application code and antenna can be certified.
Look at the LoRa Alliance site for information regarding certification. You might find this video of a talk on the certification process interresting.

1 Like

Thank you @kersing. Above link helped me to know more about the certification process

Hi your zip example is Not Found, could you please upload it again, is anything different from the examples on ASF?

Hi, it’s exactly the same as the ASF example.

By using SAMR34 chip, how to integrate a pressure sensor?

That’s really a rather broad question, and much more about MCU development than about TTN.

Many sensors, like for example a BME280, would be something you could interface via I2C or SPI, you may find this easier than trying to achieve accuracy with an analog output sensor.

Ideally you could find an all-up example that does what you want (maybe look in the ASF distribution or check with Microchip?). If not, then you find an MCU vendor example for I2C or SPI and you combine it with a sensor vendor driver library, for example Bosch has moderately usable code for the BME280 on github (but beware the BME680 which needs a large binary blob linked into your MCU to access some features)

Often goals like yours require having or developing an ability to take a piece from this and a piece from that and put them together. So you might need to take sensor code intended for a different processor, or I2C/SPI code intended for a different sensors (or even different but related processor) and understand their operation well enough to re-purpose and combine them.

1 Like