New V3 Node failed

UPDATE:

I found this website: Mobilefish.com - Build Lora node using Arduino Pro Mini and HopeRF RFM95 LoRa transceiver module (V3).

and use the infos for the problem with the Arduino pro mini 3,3v and no I get this in the ice console ( see picture). but why no join accept? nojoin

Just analyse things step-by-step, there could be any number of things wrong.
So do you see your join-request in the console of the gateway?
First make sure you see your join request in the gateway console, then make sure you see a join accept being sent out by the gateway, then see if you can receive it on the node.

The event codes for LMIC are here:

Number 20 is EV_JOIN_TXCOMPLETE, which means that the node claims it sent a JOIN accept.

On an atmel, things are quite tight with respect to memory, perhaps too tight in your case.

Yes, hence the comment about lack of memory above - the Heltech modules have far more memory.

As before, forum policy is not to use pictures when you can copy & paste the text. Please review the how-to

The MobileFish tutorial gives some useful information although I find that using LoRaWAN 1.0.2 doesn’t work as well with the new stack. I haven’t tried turning off the TimeReq MAC command but I can see that that would help.

I note in one of your text sections above you are including <Adafruit_Sensor.h> - I’m not sure that is required for the DHT library and it may be adding an overhead to both flash & RAM, you may want to try removing it.

But overall you appear to have got to a point where it thinks it is transmitting the Join Request.

1. What was the flash size & available SRAM on the compile? It is shown in the IDE just before it downloads to the device - DO NOT take a screen shot - it is text.

2. Does your gateway “see” the join request in its web console? If not, does the gateway internal log see the transmission?

3. How far apart is the device & the gateway?

4. Did you put the OTAA EUI’s in as little endian?

5. Can you try the example TTN OTAA sketch without any extras, just the 2 EUI’s & the AppKey?

Sorry for the picture I now know only pictures when it is needed.

I now flashed the lmic example code ttn OTAA and get in the Arduino IDE the result:

Packet queued
2571: EV_JOINING
3132: EV_TXSTART
404925: EV_JOIN_TXCOMPLETE: no JoinAccept
413495: EV_TXSTART
793966: EV_JOIN_TXCOMPLETE: no JoinAccept
973362: EV_TXSTART

In the gateway nothing appear ?! in the V3 Console nothing see in the live message stream too.

yes 2 lsb and the appkey in msb I know that :wink:

68% and 70% ius used with the example ttn otaa sketch.

Gateway:

"boot_time": "1970-01-01T00:00:00Z",
    "versions": {
      "hal": "Version: 5.0.1; Options: native;",
      "platform": "IMST + Rpi"
    },
    "metrics": {
      "cpu_percentage": 0,
      "lmnw": 0,
      "lmok": 0,
      "lmst": 0,
      "load_1": 1.26,
      "load_15": 1.44,
      "load_5": 1.46,
      "lpps": 0,
      "memory_percentage": 70.45938,
      "rtt_ms": 291,
      "rxin": 3946,
      "rxok": 153,
      "temp": 40.084,
      "txin": 46,
      "txok": 46
    }
  },
  "correlation_ids": [
    "gs:conn:01FJ464G5SZ295Y00D6N7G41EC",
    "gs:status:01FJ48D4TM6KR9XYCBH92XQN10"
  ],
  "origin": "ip-10-100-6-163.eu-west-1.compute.internal",
  "context": {
    "tenant-id": "CgN0dG4="
  },
  "visibility": {
    "rights": [
      "RIGHT_GATEWAY_STATUS_READ",
      "RIGHT_GATEWAY_STATUS_READ"
    ]
  },

regards from Germany
Marc

Flash/SRAM use similar to my test device - although the actual numbers would be clearer - 22K leaves plenty of space for a small selection of sensors but 614B is getting close to where I see the devices freezing.

I wasn’t thinking of the gateway config, I was thinking of the log of activity from the gateway that shows uplinks & downlinks. This will show if the gateway hears the join request. If it does, but it has some issue - like it fails the CRC check - it won’t be sent on to TTS which is why it wouldn’t been seen on the gateway console.

Do you have any other devices you could use to verify the gateway is OK?

You may have done this already, but just checking you’ve changed the region in lmic_project_config.h?

the config. h is default set to 868mhz I changed nothing because I found nothing to change there.

what do you mean with log of activity ? I only see live data in the V3 and in my rpi terminal it shows nothing.

with the heltec v2 board it sends hello world to the same gateway.

my gateway is only 10 meters away so no problem :slight_smile:

regards from Germany

Not config.h. I said lmic_project_config.h.

Read GitHub - mcci-catena/arduino-lmic: LoraWAN-MAC-in-C library, adapted to run under the Arduino environment

As for the gateway, check the system.log for output from the gateway software.