Question to E78-868LN22S LoRaWAN Module (ASR6501 Chip) - Payload 0 bytes?

following are the details:
1)network server address+application server address : eu1.cloud.thethings.network
2)lora wan version: MAC v1.0.3
3)freq plan: india 865-867 mhz
4)supports class C
there after i obtained the device address, generated an nwkskey. At the application layer, i also obtained appskey, and didnot enable the skip payload encryption and decryption.
the last msg at the device log shows “updated”, and at the gatewayconsole:connected.
when i type the AT commands as stated in the above comments by daa792.
Gateway log shows “devaddr:260B****,Fcnt:1, Fport:10,macpayload: E0 1C E1 D1, bandwidth:12500, snr:11, RSSI:-53, raw payload :8042AA0B268001000AE01CE1D1447AA6F0” for AT command AT+DTRX=1,2,4,00010203

Not sure why there is a MAC payload included - what is make & model of the gateway?

dragino lps8-868

@descartes Sir, could you please suggest me the AT commands for communication via serial terminal for OTAA method ??

hello,

i performed:

OTAA-Setup

AT+CDEVEUI=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AT+CAPPEUI=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AT+CAPPKEY=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AT+CTXP=2

AT+CSAVE

AT+IREBOOT=0

@daa792 Thank You so much for the suggestion.
However, after providing the commands as stated, and using command AT+DTRX=1,2,5,0001020304
serial terminal shows “ERR+SEND:00”. Could you advice me where I am going wrong ??

@AbhipsitaTechnologie

What gives AT+CJOINMODE=?

AT+CJOINMODE:0 for OTAA
AT+CJOINMODE:1 for ABP

I used AT+CJOINMODE=0 for OTAA method

So @AbhipsitaTechnologie you choose OTAA mode.

What is your full AT+JOIN command , and what answer do you get ?

Something like that ?

AT+CJOIN=1,1,10,8
OK
+CJOIN:OK

@al1fch on providing the cmd “AT+CJOIN?” cmd, I got “+CJOIN:1,1,10,8” as the answer.

and what is the answer for AT+CJOIN=1,1,10,8
(full CJOIN command with parameters)
OK or not ?
if not OK you can’t send succesfully datas

@al1fch on applying “AT+CJOIN?”,
I obtained “+CJOIN=1,1,10,8” followed by “OK”,
however on applying AT+DTRX=1,2,4,00010203, it shows “ERR+SEND:00”

@al1fch OTAA method is not working out, however on using ABP method, and applying the command AT+DTRX=0,1,4,01020304, it shows “OK+SEND:04” followed by “OK+SENT:01”. However, on view the TTN gateway live data, I got the result as attached on the screen shots. I could not decipher the frmpayload which i think is bound to be the actual data(sent from e-87 endnode). please do refer to the refer screenshots for a clearer understanding.Screenshot_1 Screenshot_2

'look at and show payload ’ is not a gateway job . :postbox:.
(the postman does not open and read the letters !!)

Go to console / Application/End-device screen to see , for your end-device it’s own live datas with the raw and clear payload (the second according to your specific payload formatter )

live dada

1 Like

@al1fch Sir, thank You so much for the reply. I opened the application/end device/live data screen, but nothing is updated on screen, expect for the message “creation of node…updated location settings”. It is only at the gateway live data screen, where i generally obtain the msg
"receive gateway status Metrics:{ackr:0,rxfw:1,rxok:1… "
and after applying command AT+DTRX=0,1,1,00 from serial terminal, it shows
" receive uplink message DevAddr:260B5D94 FCnt:4, FPort:10, Datarate:SF9BW125 SNR:7.8 RSSI:-59 " at the gateway live data window.
I used the following set of commands as follows:
AT+CJOINMODE=1
AT+CDEVADDR=2******0
AT+CAPPSKEY=4------------------------------8
AT+CNWKSKEY=8-----------------------------7
AT+CULDLMODE=2
AT+CCLASS=0
AT+CCONFIRM=0
AT+CNBTRIALS=0,1
AT+CSAVE
AT+IREBOOT=0
AT+DTRX=0,1,1,00
AT+CSTATUS?
+CSTATUS:07
OK
I dont know why I am not getting any updated msg at the application/end device/live data screen.
Please do suggest me, where I might be wrong. Thanks in advance.

@al1fch the issue was due to wrong frequency selection. finally the end node shows data at the live data session of applications.

Good news !! :+1:

@AbhipsitaTechnologie Please can you tell me what setting did you change regarding frequency?
I have similar problem with E78-868LN22s module and E890 gateway. I was unable to perform join process. Always return +CJOIN: FAIL

Thanks in advance

HI @InovaLora

What’s your AT+CFREQBANDMASK = command ?

Hi @al1fch

response is +CFREQBANDMASK:0001

Thanks!