Recent change in ADR handling in TNN and LMIC generate downlink loop

Yes, two different issues.

The maybe TTN backend and/or LMiC related issue with ADR acks for each downlink is definately new. This did not happend a month ago. So this must be caused by a change somewhere.

1 Like

@htdvisser any insights on this issue?

1 Like

I have two lmic nodes that receive a downlink at every uplink now. Any solution to solve this?

Switching off ADR?

I see that as an acceptable workaround but not for permanent use. ADR is an essential part of LoRaWAN.

1 Like

@Verkehrsrot in PAX counter I tried to set it with defaultConfig() but without success:

// populate cfg vars with factory settings
void defaultConfig() {
  cfg.lorasf = LORASFDEFAULT; // 7-12, initial lora sf, see paxcounter.conf
  cfg.txpower = 15;           // 2-15, lora tx power
  cfg.adrmode = 1;            // 0=disabled, 1=enabled**

Setting cfg.adrmode = 0; does not make a change.
Probably I have to configure it elsewhere in PAX counter?

For the PAX Counter you can easily switch it off with a downstream command

0x07 0x00 on port 2 (if you didnā€™t change the port mapping)

Can you try the following fix in mcci-catena/arduino-lmic on top of master version : https://github.com/mcci-catena/arduino-lmic/pull/303

It should finish to fix the problem.

Currently PAX counter is using MCCI LoRaWAN LMIC library ( https://github.com/mcci-catena/arduino-lmic/releases/tag/v2.3.2) that does not contain the fix. I cannot find a function similar to the one you refer to so I cannot repair it now. :frowning: Until further notice I use the downlink command to disable ADR.

The settings from configmanager.cpp are ā€œfactory settingsā€ and only used on fresh devices which have no config stored in NVRAM. So if you make changes here and flash it on a previously used device which already has a stored config in NVRAM nothing happenes, because device uses settings from NVRAM. You can enforce a reset to factory settings in flash by up- or downgradig the software version number in platformio.ini.

Yes i know, this is weird. The whole configmanager.cpp is crap (but works). Iā€™m waiting for someone who delivers a pull request with a refactoring.

Use the version in development branch. This is using current mcci lib.

1 Like

I just tested that but the problem is not solved with the development branch. sorry.

afbeelding

Thatā€™s as expected, since the pull request which may solve the issue is not yet merged in mcci lmic. I will keep my eyes on this.

Ah, ok, I went too fast and assumedā€¦ sorry. Thanks for replying. Wā€™ll follow this topic

No, i was too slow, i just see the pull request was merged 4 hours ago. Paxcounter software in development branch is ready now for testing. You can rebuild now from development repo and test, i will do so either.

Tested. No more ADR downlinks. The fix seems to work.

2 Likes

and ADR does work?

Iā€™ll test tomorrow too - cross fingers on this

Yes, ADR now is working again with TTN, as it did before.
Tested with latest paxcounter development version.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.