Remove devices from Data Storage Integration

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding the Data Storage Integration of an TTN Application.
I used to have 2 devices registered to my application. After I deleted one
device from my application, the EUI is still listed in the Data Storage Integration when
query “get /api/v2/devices”.

My question is: Is there a way to remove the nonexistent device out of my dataintegration?

Thanks in advance
Denis

The data is stored for 7 days. So unless someone tells you about a way to purge the stored data, it will be gone soon anyway.

Hello arjanvanb,

unfortunately your statement is true for the payload that was sent by the device. but the device itself doesn’t get deleted. Is this an issue that only I’m facing?

Have you deleted a device from your application and have checked in the dataintegration if the device doesn’t show up anymore when querying “get /api/v2/devices”?

This would help me a lot to see if I’m the only one affected by my described problem.

Thanks in advance
Denis

Hello @htdvisser,

can you help me please. Maybe you have an idea why the devicenames don’t get removed from the dataintegration after 7 days?
An Answer would help me a lot.

Thank you in advance
Denis

@denis it’s mostly a technical reason. The retention of 7 days is on the data, but we also store the number of stored messages per device per hour and this data has no retention. We don’t display this now, but the idea is that we might show you device activity per hour in the future, with a longer history than 7 days.

Summary: there’s still the device in the database, but not its data, only its number of message per hour.

Hello @johan,

thank you very much for that superfast response.
Is there a way to delete the unused devices?

Best regards
Denis

Unfortunately that’s not available today. I’ll raise an issue internally to support a DELETE call on the device level.

Hello @johan,

thank you very much.
Is there a way to track the issue, that i can stay up-to-date?

Kind regards
Denis

Hello @johan,

has the issue been opened?
How can i keep track on the issue, in case there are
any updates?

Kind regards
Denis

We will address this in our next major release of The Things Network Stack!