Request gateway traffic over time period

Or just project manage the lazy ar5e in to creating something for you …

:rofl: no expectations - doing a query once a month no issue other than loose data as above if session resets - particularly affects TTIGS and from what I saw this morning TTKGW’s, some solars occasionally stop for a few hours in winter/bad weather if battery capacity too low then recover later which is a pain, but not enough for field trip/expense to swap out until new battery needed (3 - 5 year maintenance cycles!), also some test GW’s used for field tests and trials a few days/weeks/months at a time obviously end up reseting under power cycling due to site moves :frowning:

Thanks for useful thread - I found this while asking a similar question - how can I report back to my “funders” that the community asset they continue to pay for is being used. I did a bit of digging into results from past few weeks that showed an average of 1450 uplinks an hour and 8 downlinks between Dec 22nd and Jan 3rd. Rebooted the GW an hour ago to clear the session and have observed 3072 uplinks and 20 downlinks in past hour (around midday).

Am now realising that I have nothing to compare that with! Does that seem like high or low utilisation? It also looks like a few devices are sending messages every 30 seconds.

Nether/Both - its a how long is a piece of string type question!

I have a few GW’s that see <10 uplinks per week (keep alives every few days) then bursts of ~100 per day when used for logistics in the area, others have steady 10’s k uplinks per week… I know of some handling 10’k uplinks per day… several have r0lled over multiple Mu over their lives 1-5 years+

May be ‘foreign’ nodes from other networks or devices potentially breaching FUP depending on payload and SF used…without details difficult to say…in the GW console you can see the Dev Addr in the uplink metadata - DA of 26 xx xx xx will be TTN/TTI traffic 00/01 xx xx xx will be experimental nodes - from TTN or any other network that supports such nodes…

Cheers - understand re piece of string! - am seeing quite a mix of devices but most are coming from experimental nodes.
Created a Gist to parse through the console download in case it helps others - looks like 300+ unique device addresses over an hour.

1 Like