SX1276 transmission power managment

What are you trying to achieve with this new library, there are quite a few out there already ?

it’s just my way to learn new things and learn the basics of a new technology. and as you can see i already found some mistakes in those library which i will never be able to figure them out if i just trust them. like using a wrong frequency and the wrong power transmission won’t end good. any way, it’s just more fun for me, by they way thank you all for the help :slight_smile:

I agree. I wrote my own LoRa library a couple of years ago and found it a useful learning exercise. The LMIC library is a bit easier to understand now :smile:

Back in 2015 I had to write first a PICAXE routines for LoRa then, Micromite and finally Arduino. There were no useable libraries available at the time for point to point LoRa. Clearly when the objective is to write your own point to point library you need to understand haw to configure the LoRa device registers.

My understanding of LoRa devices at register level does not help me to understand LMIC though, the power setting in LMIC for instance is just a function call, its not necessary (or helpful in my case) to know what that function call does in detail.

I know for fact that writing my own library will not be better then a library wrote by a group of engineers have a good experience in the field. and i’m not writing it to use it for a real project at least for the moment, because i’m missing many things. even the LMiC library i didn’t hear about it until now, this is why i don’t step back about asking any question no matter how stupid it looks, “well, i don’t mean stupid for real” but without the community and forums it would be much harder for anyone to develop his knowledge.

LMIC an Arduino library for the SX127x devices that is used for The Things Network (TTN) which is the subject of these forums.

1 Like