The LIBRARY basement part 10

25%20AM

atto
Atto: World’s Smallest Arduino Controlling Nokia 5110 Screen

and test

smartgarbage

ch2i-ttn

This version of the story is a bit confusing…I’ve been told I will loose my domains due to the idiotic decisions of the EU beurocrats (note not taken by EURid the TLD registrar), against all norms of internet behaviour and registrations over the years.

Headline is more accurate saying " European Commission rules that UK dwelling EU citizens can still hold .eu domains after Brexit"

But in early part of article it says
“UK citizens will still be able to hold .eu top-level domains after leaving the European Union.”

Explained better and contradicted later in the article as

“With the new decision, it will not matter where an EU citizen lives after Brexit. The only requirement to owning a .eu domain is being an EU citizen; it is possible to living in the EU, in the UK, or anywhere else.”

As commented in other TTN threads irony is as UK Citizen I can hold a e.g. .be domain, holding a domain at the heart of the EU beurocracy, but though Brussels in Belgium I will no longer have rights to .EU domain & held for biz use for >14 years due to purely political decisions of these people! despite establish practice of grandfathering internet rights and not forecfully wiping established domians through what is effectively sensorship …they forget taking an .eu domain is a vote of confidence in Europe (at least in the geography, its people & the opportunity for trade and exchange and interaction if not neccessarily in the EU psuedo state and structures) and >300,000 UK domains are so held (2nd? largest block after Germany?) but no they cut of their noses to spite us…and then claim we are not being punished…no wonder some of my fellow country(wo)men voted to walk away from these autocrats. :frowning:

Other recent & historic coverage here:-

and now for sure… :wink:

:rofl:

…oh no!..just remembered that I use an email tied to one of my .eu domains as my TTN email!!! :scream: Does that mean I get kicked out of another European initiated project on Oct 31st?! :thinking: Will my GW’s go dark? Does the traffic stop?..will I loose Forum access?..stay tuned! (ok just kidding…I think :wink: )

Life in the old (Cellular M2M) dog yet! :wink: led by e-sim implementations…

https://www.iot-now.com/2019/07/23/97793-m2m-connections-exceed-1-6bn-2024-driven-embedded-sim-adoption-says-juniper-research/