The LIBRARY basement part 10

:thinking: Hummm that’s quick:

Has someone jumped the gun? @mark-stanley

Was thinking of bid(s) as many of my GW’s - and planned new ones - look into/monitor parts of Berks but as based in Bucks am excluded despite radio waves not respecting geopolitical boundaries :slight_smile: … need to find a friendly Berks registered business, school (or similar), or charity to act as lead contact but time running out :frowning:

Hi @Jeff-UK - not sure what you are referring to re gun jumping?
I am however based in Berks and fairly friendly :slight_smile:

Oh I should have scrolled up!

I won one of the the challenges from the first round of funding. Your timetable is for the second round of funding. So no gun-jumping going on here.

congrats btw :partying_face:

1 Like

Congrats on the win - well deserved!

I must have missed 1st cycle however have been confused by the Reading intro powerpoint as they called out:

Probably a cust & paste problem for what I assume is actually Call 2? then…

TL:DR - IMHO the key take away is called out in the last paragraph!:

The answer, in case you’re wondering, is to delete the Facebook app from your phone. Seriously, delete it. If you must, access its service from a separate browser.

…quickly followed by:

Comment - DOH resolver option needs to expand quickly beyond Cloudlare (DNS 1.1.1.1) if power/knowledge isnt just to be concentrated into just yet another tech behemoth…much like browser choice perhaps a DOH resolver choice in a juridiction of your choice? :thinking:

exactly :wink:

Its an ‘advertorial’…but still good PR for our friends in The Netherlands/Amsterdam! :slight_smile:

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/the-dutch-dream-why-tech-talent-is-heading-to-amsterdam_uk_5d6d1599e4b0cdfe057353a4?z4b

…but then the best place for a start-up (before or after Brexit) is of course the UK… runs for cover…:scream:

no need… I fully agree.
‘Amsterdam freedom happy people everywhere’ is just PR bs
(I bet on Ireland… however they start to make the same mistakes )

Thank you - we’re very happy.

Yes looks like Cut and Paste fail to me! These are timescales for call 2 - challenges around climate change, talkbots etc.

Cheers, Mark

And Challenge 9 for IoT Deployemnt (using LoRaWAN) - you bidding again?

Was looking at some nice friendly OWL loraGW’s in schools for the Climate Change/Environmental Challenge…

…and of course the best way to see/monitor the south bank of the Thames Valley (nominally north facing) in Berkshire is from Gateways on the north bank (nominally south facing) in Buckinghamshire :wink:

e.g.
Coverage South:
file
Local Topological influence & sample overlay
file

Look forward to hearing more on what you are doing over a beer at the thingsconf-UK next month! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t fancy the challenges too much this time around - the bid process is a LOT of effort and the requirement spec feels to loose for me to know how to win. If we do put a bid in it will be a punt on the wide open challenge 9 - but the clock is ticking…

Smart Buoy Rides The Citizen Science Wave

19%20AM

--------------------------------------------- TODAY ! don’t miss ----------------------------

56%20AM

AXIS 3D Printer – Dual Material Printing at $125