The LIBRARY basement part 10

8 INSANE MACHINES FROM ONE CRAZY ENGINEER

12%20AM

airse
Portable Fine Dust PM10 Analyzer

31%20AM
Fake Ad Blockers 2: Now with Cookies and Ad Fraud

The first RPAS (drone) with a hydrogen fuel cell flying in open-air in The Netherlands is a fact!

The ordinance would require all new multi-family buildings to have 70% electric vehicle (EV) capable parking spaces, at least 20% EV ready spaces and at least 10% EV supply equipment spaces
you read this… Netherlands :thinking:

Elite … ah …

Back in ancient history we used to meet the Acorn developers quite often, we were making thier computers after all.

I was given a copy of Elite before it was released, and as you did in those days looked at the copying of a copy protected floppy as a technical challenge. It took me the best part of a week of my employers time (confession) to manage it but soon the factory was well happy playing Elite …

Dread to think of the hours lost! :slight_smile:

Ran into Steve et al much later in career when he was working on LoRa Croft and with the long encoded video stream intro if I recall (used tech I was involved in at the time)…though I think Ian and David were the main drivers for Elite dev.

Added: Just found this - might have been the one… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNelRsAldPg

and this - amazing what 35 years of tech dev can do

and

Earlier today I found the PSU wallwart for my brother’s ZX Spectrum I bought him one Xmas…now that was another story!.. :thinking: now if I’ve got the PSU…where is the console?

Mr. Carlson Fixes A Fridge :roll_eyes:

02%20PM