The Things Network V2 is Permanently Shutting Down (completed)

It looks like the bot forgot to post a reply. Here’s the latest update:

We’re still cleaning up servers behind the scenes, but all public V2 APIs have been shut down.

So I’m afraid you’re too late, @s54mtb.

OK, thanks. I was trying in past several times without success. Looks it’s time to clean crap from the field and recycle to some new devices :+1:

Just for posterity, this was answered in Inaccessible gateways - #5 by htdvisser (ping @Kater).

I have created a new gateway and registered it but it shows status as disconnected how can I rectify it??

Details…please!

Sir I have created a lorawan gateway for college project and I have Created new gateway with Lora shield v1.3 and with Raspberry and got the Gateway Eui sir. And I have registered my gateway in ttn and given all the needed details but it shows status as disconnected sir.My Gateway EUi is B8 27 EB FF FF 34 1E 46.

? What is this… link please. Is this a LoRaWAN concentrator card (using Sx1301/2/3) or just a device (node) HAT? If latter you cannot create a LoRaWAN gateway from that…

Sir it is a device Lora shield Hat sir

Then as stated you can’t make a gateway with that…were you directed to use this (e.g. by you lecturer/project supervisor?)

I just searched in the browser sir

That can be used to make a node only…e.g. a gps tracker, asset tracker or generic sensor but can’t be used as a gateway on TTN… you need a full 8 channel LoRaWAN NOT LoRa system. You can use your card for LoRa only, proprietary, e.g. point to point implementations…do not attempt to set up as a gateway and connect to TTN as they are disruptive to the network and other users. (Search Forum for SCPF of DCPF for discussions and explanations of why not).

Ok sir Thank you sir

For future ref please use search to find a topic suited to your issue/question or create a new one rather than hijacking an an existing, unrelated thread…and where there are responses to your earlier post please try to avoid deleting unless necessary as it leaves follow on comments potentially orphaned and nonsensical…

Ok sir

1 Like

I forgot to migrate two of my (remote) devices. Is ther a possibility to download all configuration data from old v2 console? or is this too late as well?

Try the Take Out Tool… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am all of the above!!

Off with COVID (fully jabbed I might add). So figured I’d put a bit more effort into finishing migration and tidying up my back end code (Node-Red).

Forgot about all the decoders! Horrible sinking feeling I was going to spend weeks not remembering which bits of code where Big Endian v Little Endian and world of other pain!!!

This just saved me weeks of work. Winner!

Thank you, this is awesome.

Jim

Actually, I didn’t miss any of the warnings. Saw them all, just left it to last minute.com

This update killed my node-red on 11 December. The ttn add in died and took node-red out. I was unable to upgrade TTN from V2 to V3 as there was zero support for us poor people outside of Europe. The upgrade tool did not work with AUS 925 MHz and despite numerous messages on this forum no-one provided any information. I gave up and abandonded my lora gateway (after almost 4 years) which was sad but with no support what else could I do. I was getting up to 2M messages a month so assume people in the community around me have also noticed it has gone.

The only support channel for community users was this forum - we all had equal access.

You don’t appear to have posted in the last six months, much has changed & been updated in that time.

If you leave your gateway turned on it will continue to work and continue to server the people around you. And gateway migration, in theory, is relatively simple compared to moving some devices.

Perhaps you could re-evaluate the situation?