The things UNO connecting problems

yes… and without my glasses … sorry :rofl:

Made a new device, now settings set to ADP instead of OTAA, results:

afbeelding

So the problem is your ss gateway that don’t work with OTAA.
To set your node to one channel ABP (set the same channel in your 'gateway)

but this setup is for experimenting only… its not LoRaWAN compliant

Yes, probably because ADP is confirmed selected instead if OTAA inside RN2483 module.
I will try OTAA button ON tomorrow:)

afbeelding

It’s ABP, not ADP.

The software in the Things Uno is not affected by whatever tool you used for the screenshot above. Your earlier screenshots clearly show that OTAA was used; the sketch you uploaded to the device will have switched to OTAA regardless what another tool might show you.

OTAA needs downlinks for the Join Accept. ABP does not need any downlinks. (Well, unless one wants to use confirmed uplinks, or ADR, or wants a downlink to send some application data to the node.) Even more, ABP does not need any uplink to join either; it’s simply already joined while programming it, so can start transmitting uplinks right away.

I’m quite sure your single-channel test gateway simply does not support downlinks. Then it will never support OTAA either. (Some single-channel test gateways do support downlinks, others don’t. We don’t know what forwarder you’re using.)

Hello, i have the same setup @ home (1x RPI w/ dragino hat lora-gps as GW - single channel 868.1 Mhz - SF 7 with different types of nodes) I confirm that the RPI together with the dragino hat is the limiting factor. So ADP mode only is a fact. Also be aware that it is a single channel GW, this means that most of the transmitted (nodee) packages will be lost. I can live with that, but if you want full functinonality you need a full swing GW.

Kind regards, Henk