I have been reading all the low power posts and techniques for days but am stuck at 45uA in sleep for my ATMEGA328p + RFM95 (915MHz) node.
I have removed all resistors and other components on the board. All I have is a MCP1703 – ATMEGA328P – RFM95
The uC is connected like this:
- Pin 10 - NSS
- Pins 11-13 to the equivalent SPI pins on the RFM95
- Pin 2 – DIO 0
- Pin 8 – DIO 1
- Pin 7 – DIO 2
- Pin 9 – to LED through a 1kohm resistor
- Pin 3 – to RESET through 10kohm resistor
I have tried three different methods and libraries for the ATMEGA sleep but they all give the same result (45uA):
- LowPower (RocketScream)
- SleepyDog (Adafruit)
- Direct AVR/sleep.h using examples from Nick Gammon’s tutorials
Different firmware tests:
- LMIC: After LMIC joins and sleeps the current drops to 45uA.
- No code – Empty setup and loop – just induce sleep (current drops to 45uA).
- No code – All pinModes to OUTPUT (current drops to 45uA).
- No code – All pinModes to OUTPUT and digitalWrite HIGH or LOW (FAIL – many mA)
I have two boards with this setup and they both show the same results. I have a third board that just has the MCP1703 + ATMEGA328p (No RFM95). This boards sleeps at 1.5uA!!
Any tips? I am running out of ideas.