TTGO T-Beam topic

Hello gang !!!
I have issues with TTGO T-Beam. I can’t activate to the TTN. I am using the exampe for our friend DeuxVis and more specifically the Lora-TTNMapper-T-Beam example.
What i did:

1. I change the keys to config.h file
  2. I saccessful write the code to my board
  3. Integrations is on (TTN Mapper)
  4. Configure the Payload decoder
    and still my Status (never seen) :frowning:
    Can someone help me. I can’t find the problem here
    Thanks for your time

The best will be to test with LMIC library’s ttn-abp.ino example first, thats is the most basic you can get. If that works try ttn-otaa.ino. If that works you can try more advanced sketches.

What version is your T-Beam?
For version 1.0 with power management chip some additional code is required (see further up this thread).

Also verify that the keys and id’s are entered correctly:
Format of Keys and ID’s for Arduino LMIC libraries [HowTo]

You can also check if frequency set in lmic_project_config.h is correct.

Hello !!!
I am super excited. I have spend a lot of time on ttgo with advanced sketches and i did activated to the TTN. Now i see me device for first time and i am really happy. Thanks you a lot !!!
I learn something this morning. Learn to walk before you run.
ABP and OTAA exables work fine. I will try again the TTNMapper. If i stuck again i will ask for help again.
My version is T22_V1.0
Have a nice weekend :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As a response on their customers requests, LilyGO is keeping production and sales of (older) V0.7 revision of T-Beam board as well:
URL of the store item

Thanks. So one needs to pay attention when ordering to prevent ordering the wrong version (most users probably want the latest version).

Probably, not.
I see only one source of V07 and this source is direct LilyGO AE store.

Very likely that they’ve created this exclusive option only for very few of those customers who wanted to order this old variant of the board by some reason.

Vast majority of other links are leading to most recent V1.0 variant of the T-Beam.

1 Like

One could find it as well on Banggood with the item ID: 1345473
The one I recently got is a v0.7. Note the u.FL (ipex) instead of a fixed SMA connector on the PCB. GPS is NEO-M8N.

1 Like

Hi Costel, all,
I’ve got the same issue with my new T-Display device. Only the filename and place changes
I got …/src/nvs_item_hash_list.cpp", line 85, function: void nvs::HashList::erase(size_t)

Did you get your problem solved last year ?

Have you looked at the Rev1 board for the T-Beam? I’ve just got two rev1 models for a project I want to build as a vehicle tracker with an internal PIR and door detection but with BLE to prevent a positive trigger if doors are opened with the owner within proximity to the vehicle.
Just looking to have a play with a TTN mapper to see about coverage in my city. For testing I’ve got one set as a gateway but I’ve tried your code but doesn’t compile (I may have missed something or not done something) also found another TTN mapper that’s been coded to factor for Rev1 but it seems a little buggy and not consistently transmitting / sending packets with no data so on my console it shows it’s been an active mode but no data has came in.
I’ll have another look later to see if I’m missing something.

1 Like

I have a rev1 ordered, so it is in my plans to make my code work on it at some point.

This said it should compile (but not work as the pin definitions need changes I believe).
Can you post the erroneous compilation log ? If you haven’t yet you should enable “show verbose output during compilation” in arduino ide preferences.

1 Like

I have gone back and using your mapper compiled the software and can confirm it does work with a few changes, the GPS pinout is different between the two revisions and currently the AXP202X doesn’t cause any issues as it maintains its last state so all devices are powered up.
There are some scripts that require the AXP202X to activate its outputs as I have seen with other Rev1 T-Beams that without the library’s included they were not working. I will have a look about including some of the relevant parts to ensure that the outputs are on from the AXP202X and happy to add a fork to your github when done unless you get a chance to have a play before I do.

Was getting worried that I may have had issues from my temp gateway but it would seem not, it is this program that doesn’t actually seem to work currently but yours does:

1 Like

Great news, thanks for reporting.

As a side not I think there is a confusion on the versions : “rev1” I think is not the same as “version 1.0” - the actual last one.

1 Like

By the look of the lilygo website there’s only the two versions. I’ve seen a few places refer to them as Rev1 boards and others and on the lilygo website it’s referred to as V1.0 and V0.7 for the older one without the AXP202X

1 Like

There at least also has been T-Beam V0.5.
(And speaking from experiences with TTGO LoRa32 they did/do not always provide correct/up-to-date information.)

To prevent any further confusion always use the exact version number as marked on the PCB.

1 Like

And there have been a first version with no version marked on the pcb which I used to refer as “rev0”.

See pictures in my previous post here post 213

1 Like

If anyone is using these boards as a TTN Mapper node, please check the pull request I’ve made here: https://github.com/kizniche/ttgo-tbeam-ttn-tracker/pull/11

I’ve seen lots of code store the frame counter in the RTC and then fail to use the right bit width, thus creating a rollover after 255 frames. You can turn off the counter in TTN of course but this fixes it correctly…

3 Likes

I’ve ported the T-Beam TTN Mapper node sketch on Arduino STM32 Core and now it runs with most recent TTGO T-Motion board as well:

Details are in this STM32 thread:

4 Likes

Great! Could you share value of power consumption in active/sleep mode?

1 Like

Hi All,

I just created a fork from Pycom MicroPython version for the T-Beam v1. It’s available here:

I pushed a pull request for Pycom to see if they accept it.

It’s possible that the same firmware can also work on other TTGO boards.

Pay attention to the PINs, use the Pycom schematics as reference.

3 Likes