TTIG and SX1261 not connecting + LoRaWAN design considerations

As the tread starter I highly appreciate this discussion and find all topics relevant for my project. As long as there is no rule against it, please continue.

So maybe it’s time to update the topic title?

Long time due :slight_smile: I have already tried but I’m not allowed to, I think.

BTW: I have newer been at a meeting with engineers where we didn’t end up in the same scenario.
I always ended up with more to think about than I had before the meeting.

For me I find this form of multitasking very refreshing

1 Like

OTAA places no special requirements on signal quality distinct from any other sort of traffic.

It does however require downlink to work. Perhaps if your node is bad at receiving (has a very noisy power supply?) then receive in general is short range while transmit range might be normal.

Or perhaps some aspect of your code causes it to only attempt joins at fast spreading factors. Or causes the receive window timing to come out wrong at certain spreading factors.

2 Likes

Different people, different experiences. A general rule of thumb: there is no need to be close to a gateway for OTAA as long as you can receive downlink packets.

One reason could be that the antenna is a combined 868 MHz and 915 MHz, this could give more noise when receiving. If possible I’ll do a test with downlinks on a “difficult” location.

Not really, no.

hello i want to ask, i bought the same ebyte module like you, E22900M30S the spi version, and im going to use it with esp32, but the supplier told be that there is no firmware flash into the lora module and i need to flash it first before i can use the module with esp32, how do you solve this problem? thank u in advance

There is no ‘firmware flash’ for or needed for a SX1262 LoRa device. It is an SPI device that will work as is with a microcontroller that supports SPI, which an ESP32 does.

Is this device for connection to TTN, if so which library are you using ?

Thank u so much for ur reply, for now im using it for point to point communication only, and im using your library GitHub - StuartsProjects/SX12XX-LoRa: Library for SX12XX LoRa devices, but after i run the code, it shows no device responding, i have checked the wiring and coding but it still shows no device responding

This is a forum for the discussion of TTN projects only.