TTIG connects to Wi-Fi but is always flashing green

Hi all,

My TTIG connects to Wi-Fi but is always flashing green 1/4sec.
I tried what was advised in this thread but to no avail. I tried multiple times to delete the gateway, reset TTIG, config wifi, open ports on the router, power cycle etc.

Even though I claimed it, I find it odd that the EUI does not show on the overview? Please see the screenshot.

NoEUI

Gateway EUI: 58A0CBFFFE80226A

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Though console shows Claim GW successful are you sure all details correct and accurate? Esp the EUI = 58A0CBFFFE80226A

A quick historic check shows this specific EUI was previously registered under the old TTN V2, where I assume it worked ok. If live during or after the Dec’21 V2 → V3 transition it will likley have been ‘Auto Migrated’ by the TTI core team and should show up under the owner/user GW console as GW ID EUI-xxxxxx and GW name Auto-Migrated- ‘\original V2 name/’ likley <eui-xxxx…>.

I futher note this V2 registration is under user name “MateuszGG” - is that you or one of your colleagues/someone in your organisation? With the original location set as Lat 51.58165244 Lon -2.99156217 - is that your GW/location? (Newport S.Wales)

Thank you for looking into this! I’m sure that the EUI is correct, I checked it many times.

This TTIG was used by an engineer who is now gone. I don’t know if it was live on or after Dec’21. The gateway has now moved location, but still in south Wales.

Is there something that I can do to completely remove the previous owner? Would this be why the EUI does not show in the overview?

TTIG info:
Gateway EUI 58A0CBFFFE80226A
WiFi AP MAC 58:A0:CB:80:22:6A
WiFi AP Pass XXXXXXX
WiFi STA MAC 2C:F4:32:50:B9:9B
Serial Number TBMH100868006669
MFG date 2019-11-16 07:30:08
FW Build 2020-05-07 16:03:53
FW Version 2.0.4
Core Version 2.0.4(minihub/debug)

Hey gang, I think something might be wrong with the back end LNS (or something). I’ve got another person who is describing these symptoms on their longtime working TTIG, connected to Wi-Fi but not connecting to the back end (alternating between 1/4s flashing green for a period of time, then green/red alternating for a period of time, and repeat). I tried the whole deleting it and reclaiming it thing to no avail. Eventually I decided to configure and send a new TTIG to the person, but during trying to claim that unit (the way I always do) the brand new TTIG is doing the same exact thing here. What can we do to get this sorted out? Any help would be very much appreciated. Happy to share any information that will help.

Per the link share from a day day ago

Looks like a problem has been identified and per Krishna a fix is being rolled out…

1 Like

The fix has been rolled out and it is working now.
I had to delete the TTIG, re-claim it, and power cycle it. All good now! Thank you!

3 Likes

I am also having trouble connecting my new TTIG - always flashing 1/4 second green. I followed the instructions and started over several times but always get the same result. My EUI is 58A0CBFFFE802D30.

Too many possibilities to summarise from memory so you may want to review prior posts on this using forum search - “TTIG green blink” should do the trick.

what is GW-ID?

This gateway is not in the database.

So WiFi setup but possibly not claimed?

Sorry, I replied from my phone and somehow gave you the EUI. The GW-ID is rjlgw1.

Did you claim the gateway?

or

Is not in the database.

This is what I set up…

Did you claim the gateway? The Things Indoor Gateway | The Things Stack for LoRaWAN

I’m new to this so I’m sorry if I don’t understand. I don’t recall seeing the option/screen to claim the gateway. Do I need to use the CLI process for this?

Can do via console, follow the steps in the docs

In the GW console page press register gateway → it will then ask for the EUI

When entered you get this:

Enter the claim code (the WiFi access code off the back!) (& your ID & chosen frequency plan!) & press claim gateway… Robert is your mothers brother… :slight_smile:

If you got the WiFi setup on the TTIG it must have been via the docs, it doesn’t automagically do that for you, so the rest of the docs will lead you through the appropriate claim process.

The current set of screens make it almost impossible to enter the EUI and not be forced in to the claim process.

Can you look at the docs again and see if any of what you did is similar to what it says?

Thank you. I deleted my gateway and started over. My new GW-ID is rjlgw2. It is definitely claimed now but still blinking. My name is also Robert - is that my problem? :wink: