Why data-rate showing default value as SF12 in TTN & TTI?

Hi,
The distance between the node and the gateway is around 20 meters that is SF7. But whenever I’m seeing in TTN/TTI, it shows as SF12 as data rate.

Why it is showing always as SF12 range?

Thanks in advance!!

Please tell us a little bit more about the node and the gateway you use.
I had the same problem with my Dragino LPS8 / LGT92. It was caused by the “unsupported power”-Problem.

Hi we have configured our gateway and end node in TTI and did the range test! In that, we have observed that the TTI / TTN always showing spreading factor as SF12 when our device still in nearer place!

We have enabled our end node with ADR!

We have tested multiple gateways like dragino, ursalink, tektelic…and observed same scenario…so we may think the problem is in network server side!

Did you use the same node? In that case the problem may be with the node. Just checked and I am seeing SF7 for my nodes.

Keep in mind ADR takes (a long) time to kick in and set the node to another spreading factor.

We have tested with multiple nodes & also given DR to fix SF7 instead of enabling ADR mode.
But still we seeing SF12 not as SF7

What might be the issue?

Really no idea about this!

Thanks!

For an uplink, that’s impossible. Also, for an uplink, the SF is set by the node, so the problem cannot be in the network then (unless it changes over time).

Hi all, was this issue ever resolved?

I have a problem with Ursalink UC11-T nodes always transmitting at SF12. They join at SF12 then transmit every 15 minutes at SF12.

ADR is set. SF12 to SF7.

Many other manufacturers nodes on this network and ADR is working for them.

I have tried this Ursalink on another Network Server and ADR works!

It is therefore a very specific issue between TTN and Ursalink

Any ideas as Ursalink say their device is okay and TTN say the NS is okay…where do I go from here?

Cheers

It never became clear to me what the problem in this topic even was…

Also, as you posted the same in ADR with Ursalink UC11-T1 does not make them improve from SF12 let’s continue there.