2 nodes, 1 application -- second node never works

I am using the TTN Gateway (US915) purchased from Newark updated to 1.04 beta firmware.

First I tried to have both nodes connected to the same application but only one would work. I made sure that each node has a unique deveui and appkey but the same appeui. It was always to first to join that continued to function. It didn’t matter which node joined first.

In each node I am using the LMIC library installed directly from the Library Manager of the Arduino IDE.

After messing around for several days I decided to try creating an application for each device. Now both nodes are working as expected.

Node info

1. Feather M0 RFM95, transmitting every 5 min, “Hello World” payload, 46mS tx time, SF7BW125, rssi -49
  2. Anarduino RFM95, transmitting every 1 min, “Hello World” payload, 46mS tx time, SF7BW125, rssi -51

The TTN Gateway has been a nightmare with reboots and weird problems so perhaps there are issues there. I have a RAK831 and LorixOne in route so in a week or two I’ll be able to eliminate the doubts I have regarding the gateway.

I am really new to lorawan but I expected to be able to connect many devices to the same application. Any insight or tips?

if both nodes are working with a separate application, the nodes seems to work and your TTN gateway too.

So I suggest

• create a new application with a different name then the first one.

• remove both nodes from the 2 applications

• add the nodes again to that new application

• and make sure you’ve set the right frequencies in your (lmic) code

try to check relax frame counter from ttn application

1. Eliminated all devices and applications
  2. Created a new application and 2 new devices

Saw the TTN gw rebooting!?

Both devices join but no data.

Eliminating the second device…first device joins and send data successfully.

Adding a second device…joined after many fails…but doesn’t send data…TTN gw reboots.

that is very strange behavior.

can you show some console captures from these events pls like each node joining and transmitting data to the new application ?

I suspect the nodes to be honest… keys and/or lmic config errors

I tried to send the info requested but as soon as I add a second node the TTN GW just reboots.
When a node works it tries to join, then it joins successfully, then queues a packet and sends the packet. There are no errors on the node side. The gw should not be rebooting like this no matter what the nodes are sending it.

I will wait for the new gateways that should be arriving next week.
Supposedly there is a new update for the ttn gw in “week 30” which is the end of July.

ok success :sunglasses: