433 Gateway

Reading around I understand that TTN doesn’t support 433, that’s fine, I’m reaching out here as I’m struggling to find information.

I’m looking at a project for a customer where they have some TTGO T-Beam devices that have 433 Lora devices on them. The idea would be to set up a private LoRaWAN network with these devices basically acting a data loggers. What I’m struggling to find at the moment is a 433 Gateway they can talk to - any suggestions/pointers?

Ultimately the gateway would probably be a Pi Hat, but I was hoping to find a complete solution initially so if I have issues I don’t have unknowns at both end, basically I can rest assured the gateway side should be working and the problem therefore most be in the node end.

Often worth checking with our friends over at RAK - nte sure a Pi based 433 currently available but there is always something like this (Believe there is an EU433Mhz option):

A few other popular TTN vendors may also offer similar - GIYF.

As noted 433 likely outside scope at this point. (See also answer to your other Q re S.Arabia…)

Jeff

I have looked at RAK, I found links else where in this forum to the 831, which looks to have been superseded. Sadly the link on RAKs page for the 831 led to another device from them that mentioned 868 and 915, but nothing about 433.

As I mentioned I was hoping to find initially a plug n play gateway so I don’t have to worry about whether I have got that side of things working or not. Basically a gateway with a RJ45 than can be connected to a Pi or similar to receive the data. There will only be a single gateway, so risk of duplicates, and the Pi will be processing the data to decrypt extract and display the captured data on a dashboard.

When the nodes, gateway and PI are doing all they should, then we would be looking at something like a RAK HAT to sit on the Pi and remove the dedicated gateway from the solution.

One very quick point you might be able to clear up, I see indoor and outdoor gateways, are they identical devices aside from environmental protection? So using an indoor device, or a RAK hat, but with an IP68 antenna on a lead passing through the wall would suffice?

The 831 replacement RAK mention on the 831 page is the 2245, but the link takes you to a page for the 5146 which 868/915/920 etc

I’ve contacted RAK to find out what device they recommend,

For anyone who finds this thread, there is a 5146L which is 433