About the Security category

Everything related to security.

Category for everything related to security.

Hi, I have a question related to lorawan that I’m really struggling with.
So I created a user in this forum.
But I really cannot find out how to post in this site, is there a post somewhere?

New users are not allowed to create a new topic. You need to spend some time reading existing information before you can create a new topic.

Interesting tactic. However, in the ‘Security’ section is rather impractical - how can I as a new user point out a security problem?

BTW - I am a new user, just created my account. I cannot create a new topic but I cen reply to an existing :slight_smile:

By using the responsible disclosure page which Google points you to when you take a moment to search for it.

Do you consider that a security issue? So should I ask the admins to disable that feature? :wink:

No, this is certainly not a security problem. I mean the case where I myself know about a security problem in TTN and I can’t point it out because I can’t open a topic in the discussion.

For me it’s not so much a security problem but I wanted to point out the fact that a user cannot use a password of 21 characters. It is possible to define a long password but it is not possible to use it.

As mentioned in my first reply to you, there is another way to report security issues. A public forum is not the place to post them.