Added RAK833 RPi HAT GW to V3 - remains in disconnected status

I don’t understand which url you are speaking about. Because the bug gives me in the BalenaCloud log.

Hi guys, just a hint - I had the same problem a couple of days ago, with the log message “*Unable to fetch configuration from TTN. Is the TTN API reachable from gateway? Are your GW_ID and GW_KEY correct? Retry in 30s”.

I turned out that there is an error in the tutorial; in the first step under
“TRANSFERRING TTN GATEWAY SOFTWARE TO BALENACLOUD SO THAT IT MAY BE DOWNLOADED ON YOUR DEVICES” the link “https://github.com/jpmeijers/ttn-resin-gateway-rpi.git " is incorrect. In stead it should be " https://github.com/kersing/ttn-resin-gateway-rpi-1.git”. When I used that, it all went well.
regards,

2 Likes

oh, thank you very much. I add a new gateway

Hi everyone,
I have a very beginner question. I have installed a RAK833 HAT on a RPi3, I am now trying to configure and connect the gateway. There are two elements that I don’t find:

1. the TTN Gateway Key (This is the Gateway Key from the TTN Console)
    → I don-t see any key in the console. Is this about the API key? Reading the posts above, it seems that this field is no more necessary, is that correct?

2. the Gateway EUI
    → I don’t understand where I can get that EUI number.

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

lls

Take the RPi’s Network* MAC ID and buffer the middle order bytes with FFFE = MAC ab:cd:gh:ij:kl:mn then looks like ab:cd:gh:FF:FE:ij:kl:mn

• For RPi’s supporting wired ENet such as yours use the Wired Enet MAC, for RPi0W use the WIFi MAC :slight_smile:

Fantastic! Thank you so much.

Finally, I got it right. It took me some time but it is now connected.

hello, i’m a student learning about gateway
can someone show me how to find out all available gateway in a city

Firstly, in future please use Forum search (top right) to find a more appropriate Forum Thread/Topic for your question vs dropping into one apparently at random!

Look at the Things Network Map and also try TTNMapper as they show ‘publicly displosed’ GW locations. If your town/city/region has a TTN community then you can also look at that Communities page to see approximate locations. Note not all GW’s are ‘public’ on these maps and may be hidden for various reasons, but if on TTN they will still be available to carry traffic if in range. So best option is get a Node (End Device), register it on TTN under an Application…and see what traffic comes through :slight_smile: If you look at the metadata, for any messages received for your device/application, it will list all the GW’s that were in range and received the message…

Recommend you read the available documentation if in doubt.

One additional info regarding Added RAK833 RPi HAT GW to V3 - remains in disconnected status - #9 by Roberto69 RAK 2245 instead RAK 831 works fine. Also tested with this, but doesn’t change anything:
SPI_SPEED 2000000
RESIN_HOST_CONFIG_core_freq 250
Despite problems with two RAK 831, third one in same environment works fine. Why two concentrators trying to connect all the time, unsuccessfully?