Adding the JoinEUI in TTI Console, getting connection issues error

I have installed the open source ttn latest version in a public server for my device testing.
I have installed it successful and also get acees the console, added a new gateway and created an application there.

However i am trying to add an end device there by manual method, i have select the frequency, lorawan version, but while i am adding the join eui and clicking on the confirm button i am getting the error the Connection issue in the console.
In the server side docker Log i am getting the error like device not found

connetion
connetion2

Previous forum post refers to this exact issue from sometime last month - sorry, can’t remember when.

Previous issues

Are you referring to this issues?

No, it was about the JoinEUI on TTS OS

Ok, I am finding it.

Could you please let me know the gausses solution ?

The TTI engineer answered, not sure how much more I can add to that level of expertise!

I can report a similar issue - using the open source variant of the Things Stack (in Docker). I am running the stack using local IP.

Each time I try to add an end device, I encounter the same issue. This is the case with each adding method (QR, lookup, manually).

Using the API methods for adding the end devices is working without problems.

I would like to add another question (as I seem to be unable to open new topics…):

Is it possible to define a tenant for my system? I am using an application for my house automation which relies on an existing tenant and for me it seems to be ZERO.

Kind regards

Dirk

Did you review the solution provided by the TTI engineer?

Tenants are only enabled in the Enterprise version.

Once you have used the forum a little more you will be able to start new topics.

I saw the solution - which is an applied hotfix, right? I installed the docker stack nearly a month after the hotfix - still not working. Is there a possibility to identify, if the hotfix is installed?

Kind regards

Dirk

The current TTS version is shown on the console bottom right - that and you have to chose to install it by altering the docker-compose.yaml to use the appropriate tag for the release you want.

I am running the 3.22.1 (c24c6750a). The stack is pulled using “latest”. So I should have the hotfix, but it is still not working.

Click the … and you get a pencil for editing.

And your browser cache - or another browser?

The instructions for docker-compose say “In production, replace ‘latest’ with tag from Docker Hub” - same for Postgres & Redis.

I’ve never not done that, so YMMV.

Interestingly enough I do not have the pencil :slight_smile: But that’s forum usage…

I tried other browsers (Brave, Chrome, Firefox, Edge) and emptied the cache - no positive result.

As far as I understand the fixing of a tag from Docker hub is to avoid regularily changing the running version. The tag in Docker is 3.22.1, which is my version. So changing the tag would not change anything, unfortunately.

It will come shortly - it’s almost entirely about reading different topics & the posts therein.

You’ll need to post an issue on GitHub if this is persisting - and I’ll check with my ops guy to see where we are at but much of it is driven by a local desktop database using the CLI so it won’t have been a thing for us.