All uplink messages received at Gateway, but not at application

Hi together,

I used an Arduino Pro Mini and a RFM95w Module to create a LoRa-Node. In the application I created the device as ABP Device. Now I’m testing it and can’t solve the following problem:
All uplink messages of the end device can be seen at the “Live Data” in the TTN Console of the Gateway but in the application/the Live Data of the end Device not every message is shown. I checked the event details and it comes out, that only messages via the channels with index 0,1,2 are forwarded to the application while the messages with channel index 3,4,5,6,7 are not forwarded.

I did this to solve it myself:

  1. Check the frequencies for the channels in the code of the device and in the gateway => they are the same
  2. I enabled the “Frame Counter Reset”, because I read that there is a common problem with ABP Devices and the Frame Counter and that there was a bug in Stack V3 with this topic. => still the same behaviour
  3. I tried different periods: I sent a message every 30 sec, every 1min, every 2min and every 5 min but the behaviour was still the same.

I’ve searched for the topic here, but it was often a thread for V2 and I was not sure wether they apply or the solutions were to reset the frame counter, which I think I did by enabeling the Frame Counter Reset.

I don’t think it’s a gateway problem, because the messages are received in the TTN Console of the Gateway. They are just not forwarded when they have the wrong channel index.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Check the node also has all frequencies listed in the settings. Any data received on a frequency not specified in the node settings will not be delivered to the application. (By default only the 868.1/.3/.5 will be listed)

Hi, can you tell me where I can check this? In the code I have this:

LMIC_setupChannel(0, 868100000, DR_RANGE_MAP(DR_SF9, DR_SF7), BAND_CENTI); // g-band
LMIC_setupChannel(1, 868300000, DR_RANGE_MAP(DR_SF9, DR_SF7B), BAND_CENTI); // g-band
LMIC_setupChannel(2, 868500000, DR_RANGE_MAP(DR_SF9, DR_SF7), BAND_CENTI); // g-band
LMIC_setupChannel(3, 867100000, DR_RANGE_MAP(DR_SF9, DR_SF7), BAND_CENTI); // g-band
LMIC_setupChannel(4, 867300000, DR_RANGE_MAP(DR_SF9, DR_SF7), BAND_CENTI); // g-band
LMIC_setupChannel(5, 867500000, DR_RANGE_MAP(DR_SF9, DR_SF7), BAND_CENTI); // g-band
LMIC_setupChannel(6, 867700000, DR_RANGE_MAP(DR_SF9, DR_SF7), BAND_CENTI); // g-band
LMIC_setupChannel(7, 867900000, DR_RANGE_MAP(DR_SF9, DR_SF7), BAND_CENTI); // g-band
LMIC_setupChannel(8, 868800000, DR_RANGE_MAP(DR_FSK, DR_FSK), BAND_MILLI); // g2-band

and in the TTN Console I set the frequency plan for Gateway and Device to EU 863-870 MHz.

In the ttn console go to the device, general settings, expand Network layer, choose advanced MAC settings and look for factory preset frequencies. You should add all 8 frequencies there.

I did it and now it is working perfectly! Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.