Android app to monitor Lorawan devices?

Sorry if it’s a naive question

Is there an Android App just to monitor what devices do over internet?
(be either a measurement or an action they are supposed to do)

I saw Termux or Redmobile on Google play however I understood both pretend to eventually modify code relating devices and programming what they should do.

However they are really complicated
Am I wrong?

Is there anything resembling Blynk in the LoraWan environment?

thanks

Could you describe what you want to do? Because the three applications you mention do not seem to have anything in common.

Cayenne could be what you are looking for. There are a few other similar applications listed on the same page.

Cayenne it’s a web browser app, I can’t find on Google

I am sorry probably my glossary isn’t appropriate
An example I am familiar with is SONOFF, probably a brutal example of IoT, however complete of everything but of sensors and what is more important unable to implement low power devices
Are there simple examples to use LoRa hardware and control devices OTA also with an Android App with a smartphone?
Everything seams to be so complicated and I wouldn’t devote too much time to the issue
where should I start from?
thanks

LoRaWAN is not suited for home automation or any use case that requires fast responses from a device. So if that is your goal, search a different technology.
LoRaWAN is suited for low bandwidth sensor applications. If you want that you can buy an appropriate device, optionally a LoRaWAN gateway and deploy them. The docs section on the main website has plenty of information on how to do so. Once the gateway and device are working you can use an integration to get the values, Cayenne provides a nice app and allows you to create a dashboard to represent the values from your sensors.
In any case you will have to invest time (and money) to create the solution, we are not going to do so for you (or you need to consider hiring someone to do it for you),

1 Like

Well, there’s Blynk itself through the HTTP Integration. But like written above: your use case might not be suitable for LoRaWAN.

1 Like

Ah yes I understand
no I just need information from sensors periodically
I am apparently prevented because there is no clear/unique way for self teaching
Although I tried it’s difficult to find a starting point which would lead to an goal
Diversion points are so many sometime introduced by gateways makers or cloud service providers
anyway thanks for suggestions

There is an excellent way for self study, check the LoRaWAN academy. And there are plenty of examples on the documentation site and on the internet. However to make sense of the examples you need to understand the basics of LoRaWAN and what TTN offers. So start with the academy and next go to the TTN documentation site.

thanks a lot
I shall try

Have a look at: https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/thethingsnetwork/

It’s for free, runs on local hardware and they have an app on Iphone and Android. I am not technical. But I have seen and integration with the RFI Lora Remote Power Switch. http://www.rfi-engineering.com/index.php/remote-power-switch-3/ Quite nice.

1 Like

That device uses class C which TTN does not offer. So if it can be made to work power switching will suffer from many minutes delay. Would not advise it for anything with user interaction to avoid confusion :slight_smile:

Sorry Jac,
what do you mean
“That device uses class C which TTN does not offer”?
Can’t for example power switching be programmed at a given time rather than pretend to act instantaneously?
Than acting in many minutes does it also mean you are not acknowledged action took place?
thanks

From the device specifications:

• LoRaWAN class C interface

TTN supports class A only at the moment.

May-be the device can be programmed to switch at predefined times, however for home automation the role of determining when things switch on and of is usually for the controller, not for the devices themselves. So home assistant should instruct the switch and with class A that will be delayed.

Hi @stepic7 you easily connect any LoRaWAN device to TagoIO and use the mobile app available for iOS or Android. Search for ‘tagoio’ or ‘tagorun’ . TagoRUN is the one you can use for your customers to see, it is light and easy to scale up. The TagoIO mobile app is for Developers. Visit the website tago.io , or read this document about how to connect sensors through TTN and TagoIO https://docs.tago.io/en/articles/102
I hope it helps you.

That HomeAssistant intgration uses TTN’s Data Integration.

A better way would be to use MQTT instead.
IIRC HomeAssistant currently still only supports a single MQTT server, which is most often run locally already. I’m not sure what exactly would be needed to use TTN with HomeAssistant using MQTT in combination with a MQTT server that is running locally.