Announcing staging environment of TTN Back-end 1.0

That is the gateway, not the AppEUI.

in the wiki could we add, it might make it a bit more clear for idiots like mw who need spoon feeding every command.

Application Management

Now create a new application with ttnctl applications create. In this example we will create an application named Hello World App. The

❯ ttnctl applications create ‘Hello World App’
INFO Application created successfully
If you work in a group, you can authorize your colleagues to manage the application with the ttnctl applications authorize command:

*Now type this to provide all the running details for you’re application. *
*> ttnctl applications *
EUI Name Owner Access Keys Valid
xxxxxxxxxxx xxx test1 test1@txxxx.xyz xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx= true

❯ ttnctl applications authorize 0807060504030201 john@doe.org
INFO User authorised successfully

Thats the bit I clearly missed

2 Likes

Still have to make that work :wink:

See issue #127

I guess that once it id comletely develop you would provide some guide in order to know how to interface with a private account server too right?

Then that means too that for now if I want to use the TTN backed for a private network, I have to register my nodes into the TTN devices server otherwise I won’t see any traffic from my nodes since if they are not register, the broker wouldn’t allow them have access to the network, am I right?

I did it once, and now I don get the starting error in the broker, :smiley:, thanks @johan

Yes. It’s basically OAuth 2.0.

The account server tracks user information and applications only. The devices and their security keys are registered in the handler. You can easily use TTN’s account server for private networks. Only in offline scenarios you would need a local account server.

1 Like

Hi all,

Concerning downlink and mqtt…

How is managed the downlink? Only the last request is kept (it seems the case; the node reveives only the downlink data from the last request)? The requests are queued in a fifo?

Thanks to the community and the core development team!

It is indeed a queue of size 1. We’re considering fifo and make the queue size configurable. We decided not to build it this way to keep it simple, both the handling of messages and configuration options. If you need this feature, please raise an issue on GitHub cause it’s not there yet.

Concerning downlink and mqtt…

Is it correct to use the following value to tun the ttl? :

• “e.g. for a ttl == 1 hour (ok is coming from the wiki)”
    {“payload”:“SGVsbG8gd29ybGQK”,“port”:1,“ttl”:“1h”}

• “e.g. for a ttl == 1 minute”
    {“payload”:“SGVsbG8gd29ybGQK”,“port”:1,“ttl”:“1m”}

• “e.g. for a ttl == 1 second”
    {“payload”:“SGVsbG8gd29ybGQK”,“port”:1,“ttl”:“1s”}

Tks!

something else!

After the initialization of my node and it joined (otaa) the network… if a use: ttnctl devices info my_device
I get for FCn:
FCntUp: 0
FCntDn: 0

That seems normal.

If my node send data (e.g. with a rn2483: “mac tx cnf 1 3939390A”) I get
(after tapping again: ttnctl devices info my_device)
FCntUp: 0
FCntDn: 1

After that, if my node sends again data, I get
FCntUp: 1
FCntDn: 2

Yes that’s correct.

Can you raise an issue for the second remark?

Regarding the downlink: how can you tell the message for a node has been removed from the queue (in other words: can I check wether the queue for node x is still waiting?) and how do I know the message has been successfully delivered to/received by the node?

That is currently not possible. For this, we need to introduce a new topic, e.g. <AppEUI>/devices/<DevEUI>/down-tx. You can submit an issue for this on GitHub.

Ok!

1 Like

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.