Any API for publicly available LoRaWAN IoT sensors?

I want to create an OpenSource Android App that gets data from publicly available LoRaWAN sensors worldwide and visualize the data… Are there any APIs that provide sensor data or any test LoRaWAN devices I can add to my application so that I can test my application?

Which sensors do you have in mind? Sensors are typically registered against an application under a user or an organisation - and unless globally offered as a ‘collaborator’ with everyone this isnt possible/practical?

There are some existing public collaboration systems - e.g. for particulate monitoring or environmental monitoring where data is pushed from the LoRaWAN system over to those platforms using various existing mechanisms and integrations - extracting data from there would be controlled/enabled through those platform and would be out of scope for TTN.

One example would be openSenseMap…

LoRaWAN is just a data network.

If you want open data to test with, you can access for example the sensor.community data:
https://data.sensor.community/airrohr/v1/sensor/12246/
where 12246 is the unique id of my particulate matter sensor, with new data every 5 minutes.

There is also an URL where you can get data from the entire network of particulate matter sensors:
https://api.sensor.community/static/v2/data.json

I estimate sensor.community is still 99% connected over WiFi, so not a good LoRaWAN use case (yet).
I’m personally managing some particulate matter sensors that transfer data over LoRaWAN/TTN. I can give you an API key for that so you can access the MQTT stream. This will still be rather complicated, since you need to know how decode the payload.

I want data like humidity, temperature, and air quality data are there any platforms that provide data? Like purple air provide air quality data but it used Wifi not LoRaWAN so are there any platform?

Why does it have to be via LoRaWAN - surely how the data is collected is immaterial?

There are likely to be a huge number of datasets around but there are considerable downsides to providing a public API.

What do your search results reveal thus far?

The app idea is to visualize LoRaWAN IoT sensors so that’s why… As far as my research goes I only found out that LoRaWAN devices are meant to be private hence I think no public devices available.

Ok that’s great is the data will be in JSON format or any other format?? like I am new to this so can you provide some documentation for what is MQTT and decoding the MQTT stream.

Not really - there are millions of sensors using all sorts of radio types or are hardwired which don’t share data - for no particular reason other than why would they and/or the cost of the server(s) to share it.

There are plenty of data sets that are shared.

But researching LoRaWAN sensors is like researching yellow ones - a bit arbitrary - I have sensors that do the exact same sensing that are on LoRaWAN, LoRa P2P, 2.4GHz radio, WiFi and LTE - it’s just a transport mechanism which is largely irrelevant.

Unless your research is in to what sort of sensors are typically deployed for LoRaWAN. Which I suspect will be too broad to be worth differentiating.

I think this holds the prize so far this year for pure unadulterated lazyness - Google will tell you - if you are researching then you should be able to compile your own sources and if you are doing an IoT subject how you don’t know what MQTT is is beyond belief. Although I think your opening question indicated you haven’t got the basics of LoRaWAN learnt.

We have a strict “not doing your homework for you” policy here - so please make sure any further questions are very very focused.

It is a lightweight communication protocol - https://mqtt.org/

Also read - MQTT Server | The Things Stack for LoRaWAN - to integrated with TTN