Anyone setup an Adeunis Pulse LoRawan node?

Anyone successfully set up an Adeunis ARF8046PA pulse node?

Instructions say it is OTAA, so all I have done is put the device ID as the DevEUI and then activated the device with a magnet.

TTN console says device has never been seen.

https://www.adeunis.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/ARF8046xx_ADEUNIS_LORAWAN_PULSE_USER_GUIDE_V1.6.1_FR_GB.pdf

you have a gateway (in range)

Those are not the same thing; the device ID is just a human readable text you can pick yourself. Also, for OTAA, the device and TTN Console need the same settings for AppEUI, (secret) AppKey and DevEUI.

See Registration of node with pre-configured LoRaWAN keys.

@enicaltd
how did you succeeded on this?
The pulse we have do not have usb for config (may be old version), and I just got dev_eui. Do you know default APP_KEY and APP_EUI for these devices? I’m stuck of missing information (as usual) so to all LoRaWAN device providers would it be complicated to give us the information we need to get things working ?:

• print or tell us APP_EUI, DEV_EUI, APP_KEY inside the device ?
  • tell us how to change them if they’re blank ?

It should take less than 5 minutes to add a device and each time I spend my time trying to find documentation and ID.

We’re currently test driving a small fleet of new Adeunis pulse transmitters here. They’ve come a long way since the original product. Configuration is now done through USB, and they now have a nice configuration tool in stead of having to input AT commands through a terminal emulator. It’s now very easy to setup.

I like their ‘historic data’ function, it sends an hourly message containing 6 10-minute interval updates of both counter inputs. Or a daily message with the hourly intervals.

The hardware is well-built, but I would have liked the option to add an external antenna. Their PCB antenna is not that good, an external one could make the difference between being able to use SF7 or having to fall back to SF12.

We bought them at around €100/piece, VAT excluded, if anyone was wondering.

1 Like

Hi all

I have a issue with adeunis pulse v3 when I first connect device to water meter it sends data with pulse values after about a hour it sends data but no new pulse value?

Adeunis say device is working correctly and it the wiring but as it send pulse values for the first hour every 15 mins then stops how is this wiring
Have two pulse v3 installed on with two hot water meters on and it does same on both channels the I have a gas meter and water meter fitted to the other gas read pulse is fine just have fault on water meters