Anyone tried Laird RM1XX modules ? part 2

I want a tool like that :heart_eyes:

https://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetail/Nordic-Semiconductor/nRF6707?qs=nMLa0dBv1N3oGqOHwTdZdw==
You either need a Nordic Dev kit or a Segger J-link to go with it. I find it a nice portable tool to show students how their code can effect power consumption.

why’s that… ? can’t you just hook it up between a power source (battery eg) and a LoRaWAN unit (complete node) ?
I immediate envisoned a standalone unit with an rpi and an old monitor… but …

The PPK desktop application is developed using Python, which works on a number of platforms.
However, it is recommended to use the PPK only with Microsoft Windows, as the tool has not been
tested on other platforms.

price is interesting btw

(Jeff Uk) #145

Hi @BoRRoZ tying together 2 threads see this use of PPK via tweet from Ken @ Rak :wink:

https://twitter.com/rakwirelessyu

(Sslupsky) #146

Hi @azazeal, Thanks for the feedback. This is helpful.

(Tony Smith) #147

Has anyone using a RM186 or RM191 dimensioned a variable as FLOAT. It’s in the SmartBasic manual but the compiler returns an error of “040D TOK_Unknown_Variable_Type”. I’m on the latest firmware, so that’s not the issue.

(Jac Kersing) #148

RM186 and RM191 firmware is SmartBasic 2 based, not SmartBasic 3 which introduces float for some of the devices (not all as clearly stated in the manual).

(Tony Smith) #149

Oh!!! That’s not good.
I can see it on the Front Page, thanks

(Tony Smith) #150

I am using a BME280 humidity sensor where you read the data and calibration registers and perform a floating point calculation to correct temperature and humidity. This is going to be interesting doing this in Integer Arithmetic. I’ll also contact Laird Support to see if they have firmware available incorporating Floating Point arithmetic

(Kimwo) #151

You could always just send the raw register data and do the calculation at the other end, or halfway using TTN’s decoder. The calibration registers would have to be read once and, since most of them have different values for each device, make provision for that it the calculation.

(Tony Smith) #152

Would not be all that hard to do, hadn’t considered that option. Thanks

(Jac Kersing) #153

If you go that route I suggest you read up on Javascript and floating point calculations to avoid surprises…

(Tony Smith) #154

@kersing, thanks for the heads up. The data is stored in a database and I can post process as the data is retrieved for analysis. Can therefore avoid JavaScript which I know little or nothing about.

(Linssenste) #155

I have an issue with my new RM1xx. I want to simply test it on TTN but, for some reason the command example is not compiling. I set the EUIs and Keys (just randomized numbers for testing here) and the ‘XCompile + Run’ and I get this Error. My Firmware version is 18.4.1.0.
I hope someone can help me with this issue! :slight_smile: 04

(Arjan) #156

For future search and better legibility, please don’t post images for what is basically text. And when the text is properly formatted in a monospace font, the ----^ will point to a specific location.

Also, it seems the black part of the screenshot is not related to your programming at all? And obviously, seeing some code will help people help you. The source of the error might very well be in the previous line as well.

Did you search the forum for the error? It’s mentioned earlier in Part 1, and also on GitHub:

(Tony Smith) #157

@linssenste, just check you have defined (DIM) the variable tkn$ near the start of your code. If that does not fix the problem then try and post your code here (in a window). I can see from the background of your screen shot you have erased and set parameters to flash memory. They seem OK.

(Sam W) #159

Does anyone know if the RM1XX will be capable of receiving BLE advertising packets from multiple RN4870/71? With the aim of then sending them over LoRa.
Thanks.

(Jade7272) #160

Best bet is to contact their tech support …They have excellent technical support …and get the info you need …

(Sam W) #161

Thank you, will do

(Dsiganos) #162

I used the RM1XX to receive BLE advertising packets from multiple sources and then pushed them up to LoRa. Note that I am not specifically referring to RN4870/71 as I don’t know what it is.