Application and device not showing data

LoRaGo Dock + Microchip RN2483

I’m using the RN2483 to send data periodically to TTN through a LoRaGo Dock.
When a packet has been received by the LoRaGo Dock, it can be seen in its serial output. At the same time the received counter in gateway overview in my TTN console gets incremented. The problem I am having is, that the data isn’t being shown in device overview, in the data tab. The same goes for the frames up/down counters, which are at 0.

I have gone through the setup process and the RN2483’s user guide, but I can’t seem to find what’s missing in order to start receiving messages in the device’s dashboard.

Is there a way to see the gateway’s received messages and debug based on that data, or what would be the best way to debug and solve the problem?

—Bellow are the steps I took when configuring the system—

After obtaining RN2483’s device EUI using UART:

1. Add new application to TTN (obtain application EUI)
  2. Add new device using RN2483’s device EUI (get device address, network session key and application session key)
  3. Flash LoRaGo Dock using Sandboxelectronics’ code
  4. Get gateway EUI from terminal
  5. Add new gateway to TTN using the above EUI

When using RN2483, I do the following:

1. mac set appeui
  2. mac set nwkskey
  3. mac set appskey
  4. mac set devaddr
  5. mac save
  6. mac join abp
  7. mac tx uncnf 1 AAAA (or anything else, ex: mac tx cnf 2 BBBB)

From RN2483 I get a mac_tx_ok reply each time, while from the LoRaGo Dock I get the following output:

Packet RSSI: -25 RSSI: -90 SNR: 8 Length: 15 → 40 A7 16 1 26 0 D 0 1 EC 54 3A FD 82 7D
RXPK:: {“rxpk”:[{“tmst”:204460354,“chan”:0,“rfch”:0,“freq”:868.099975,“stat”:1,“modu”:“LORA”,“datr”:“SF12BW125”,“codr”:“4/5”,“lsnr”:8,“rssi”:-25,“size”:15,“data”:“QKcWASYADQAB7FQ6/YJ9”}]}
RXPK:: package length=192
receivePacket:: sendUdp 1: sent 192 bytes

Likely there is something wrong in device parameters (nwskey, appskey, devaddr; appeui not needed for ABP).
I do not know this specific node, however I would check whether it needs parameters in LSB or MSB.

1 Like

By LSB and MSB do you mean the bits of the message sent by the end device (RN2483)?

yes, when you copy appskey and nwskey from the console you may change the order by clicking on the double arrow on left;

Thank you, problem solved.

Best,
Alex

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.