Basic dashboard tutorial

Hi,

I’ve followed the TTN tutorials up to the point of having data sent to requestbin. However, I’m stumbling with my next steps. Can anyone recommend a simple tutorial for hosting and charting your data? Basically, I want to report water level measurements (with time, temperature, rainfall,etc). I will have maybe 6 users of the data although I’m quite happy for it to be public. Would probably rather host the data ‘in the cloud’ rather than on my own hardware.

Any links to tutorials and hosting recommendations very welcome.
MTIA.

There are already quite good tutorials.
Most of them are for fully hosted plattforms.

Therefor the counterquestion: Do you prefer a complete hosted environment or do you want to setup the database and graphing solution yourself?

From my personal experience the “cayenne mydevices” integration is of of the fastest ways especially for public shared data.
A quick discription is availabel here:
https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/docs/applications/cayenne/

3 Likes

Completely hosted is fine by me. It’s a means to an end.

Thanks for the link. I will check it out.

1 Like

You might also want to check the Labs section, since there are some fully explanatory tutorials on setting up a storing and visualization “platform” on your own. I’ve found @laurens lab on Store and visualize data using InfluxDB and Grafana extremely easy-to-setup (beware though to use mqtt nodes instead of ttn-uplink nodes in NodeRED).

If you want to use an integration, @engelking solution works great. In the same context, I would suggest Thing Speak, especially if you have some fluency with Matlab.

1 Like