Basic question on Browan TBOL100 Object Locator

Sorry for this hopefully basic question but I haven’t found an answer despite a lot of searching. I’m trying to set up a Browan TBOL100 Object Locator but can’t seem to find the right way to enter keys required for TTN registration. The end device has a QR code sticker with four lines of text. The first two are 16-digit codes (E8E1E10…). The third looks like a model number code with a colon and an 8-digit code. The fourth line is just the model number. No explanation in the manual. If someone has already set one up, please help with an explanation of where these fit into:
AppEUI, DevEUI or AppKey.

Thanks!

+1 I have the same question.

The QR code on the browan tabs sensor contains the AppEUI (JoinEUI) and DevEUI, ma where I can find the AppKey?
If I random generate a AppKey code, then I got a “MIC MISMATCH” error during Join Request.

Thank to anybody who can help us

Your vendor should provide the tripple (DevEUI, AppEUI, AppKey) to you as those are programmed into the device.

Thank you kersing,

your hint was useful, I found an old email from vendor with all App Keys.
It’s working.

If you didn’t receive additional information with the AppKey (which is not in the QR code), you won’t be able to add the devices to TTN and get them to work. The QR code has only the two ‘public’ information elements.
(Public because those are transmitted unencrypted and can be received in cleartext by anyone near the device)

I am new here. I just bought the Browan TBOL100 through work but I can’t get it to work. I added an application and added two Browan TBOL100. I got the appEUI and the DevEUI. I thinks also got the appkey but on the paper it is called networkkey but it has the same length. I added it and started the devices but I am not getting any connection.

I dont have a gateway or any other type of device. Can you guys help me?

Thanks!

Are you in range of a community GW? Can you confirm that?

No GW = no message route to the LNS!

If in doubt get yourself a cheap indoor GW for testing - e.g. a TTIG - also available as a minihub from Browan! :wink:

1 Like

I just added myself to the community of my city. There are two gateways in it and as I van see I am in range

Do you have LOS to the gateways and how far away are they from you?

1 Like

Quit possible you are close enough.

You do have your node registered on your application?

1 Like

What is the terrain/topology and e.g. building clutter over that 2km? Golden if you have LOS per Johan but if not yu wil struggle - try the nodes near where the GW’s are then look to get own GW as longer term solution! :slight_smile: Would offer to look at an RF coverage prediction for you but my main tools corrupt account/locked at moment :frowning: so would be a few days whilst resolving!

You cant draw donuts, someone will get upset. :joy: :joy: :joy: