Bosch Parking Lot Sensor

Hey everyone,

I recently faced a problem with registering my Bosch TPS Parking Lot Sensors to TTN and hoped you could help me out.
So I added a new End Device to TTN, chose the sensor from the device repository and entered the provided AppEUI, DevEUI and the AppKey.
However, the sensor does not join the network, I can’t see any messages (uplink or downlink) and the only thing showing in the live data tab is that I created the end device.

When I scroll down under “session information” it also says:
“This device has not joined the network yet.”

Well, I would like to join the network, but seem to be missing something. I also made sure that I’m in range of atleast one gateway that is registered and working for other end devices in TTN.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

How can you be sure? Both range and working?

I have some other devices that send data to the gateway every hour. The distance between me and the gateway is <100m.

Do I have to send an uplink message to make the device join the network? To my understanding the sensor has OTAA and should automatically try to send join requests to the gateway

99% of the time the fault is

One of these are wrong if you are in range of a gateway, double and triple check them.

Is it your GW? can you see traffic on the GW Console - is it seeing the join request? If not yours do you know the owner? Part of local community? can you ask them what they see? If the GW sees Join Req’s and you know it feeds the back end LNS from your other sensor data then 99% of time…keys/reg details as above :wink:

Does the repository version match the hardware and firmware of the sensor you have in hand, LoRaWAN Phy version etc.? Band plans same? - have your checked sensor is the right freq version for your area? (Mis-ships or mis-packs not unknown!)

It’s my Gateway, I can’t see the join requests there either.

Since I double checked the keys and reregistered the device 3 times by now, I think the credentials should be correct.
The firmware version also matches with the one in the device repository.

I will try to contact the manufacturer of the sensor,
However, knowing that I should atleast be seeing join requests with the steps I went through (if I didn’t enter a wrong number somewhere) already helps me a lot.
Thanks for your replies!

Have you checked the power on the sensors, as I suspect you did not access the sensor for the keys.

Do the sensor have a debug port?

Keys etc get checked at the backend/LNS - GW just passes on what it sees, right or wrong…so suggests sensor not transmitting! Can you check/change battery/power supply… do you have e.g. a SDR to sniff the airwaves for physical Tx?

This depends on the device (firmware).

If you are not seeing any attempt but the sensor to join, have you checked the sensor?
As I recall the Bosch parking sensor only attempts to join once you’ve pushed it firmly into it’s base (which has a notch and magnet to power the thing on)

1 Like

Hello everyone,
I also have problems with this sensor. First I was in the community edition and every 30 sec I got a message. But after 10 there were no new messages because of the limitation of downlinks but it worked there. After that I registered the device in the things industries.The sensor joins the network and a few messages arrive but after that there are not any new messages. I have reset the sensor multiple times but everytime there are no new incoming messages. Sometimes after 3 messages, sometimes after 7. Does anyone know what the problem could be?
Thank you all

Duty cycle

Yes, as Johan mentioned, its probably duty cycle issues where the node software is limiting transmissons to keep it legal.

However, note that to keep the node withing the TTN fair useage limits the interval should be set to 200 seconds or so.

What spreading factor is the console reporting that the packets are being received at ?

1 Like