Bricked my TTOG by resetting the firmware resulting in "404 error". Need help!

Connected the first of ten TTOGs for my organization. It came with firmware 1.0.13. Web interface was working fine:

Decided to upgrade the firmware before anything else. Used the download link from the official TTOG docs. - Resulting in the LOWER version 1.01.09.

Searched the forums. Found a link for 2.00.23 (Basic Station) and installed it. Not sure about what version to use, but anyway can’t go back to an older (major) version now:

Confused about the CUPS configuration, I wanted to go back to the beginning by resetting the firmware to the defaults. Clicked the button. Now have a 404 error (when using the IP address in the browser):

Still got SSH access, but don’t know where to go from here! I feel comfortable with compiling stuff myself, but I don’t know which target platform to use for the TTOG (e. g., LoRa Basics™ Station | DEVELOPER PORTAL). Maybe there’s also another (simpler) way?

Update: Got it running again by accessing http://TTOG-IP-ADDRESS/cgi-bin/network.cgi. It seems, the default redirect of the Lighttp webserver was changed during the firmware reset.
I also got a station binary compiled, but I’m afraid to actually try it.

On the screenshot of the official docs I found a filename with a version 3.09.99 (link, which is not working on the TTOG):

Is it really that hard to get an up-to-date firmware for this gateway? Is there a list of compatible firmware versions with download links?

Got it to work! It’s showing up in V3 console and doing it’s job. Just documenting here to close my own little thread. :slight_smile:

Sat down with the above mentioned TTOG with Basic Station 2.00.23.
Re-created the lns.key for Key and used the minimal ca.pem for Trust:

Interestingly, if the file doesn’t have the right name, you get an error “CA Files are not installed properly, please upload them before applying settings” when you hit “Apply”:
This happend to me, when I uploaded one of the previously downloaded files, that are automatically renamed by Windows into “cacert (3).pem”.

So that’s just an error case that isn’t handled well by the ODU web interface. The error message says the file is not uploaded, but it actually is, just with the wrong name.

Congratulations. I am sure it feels good to have it working.

It certainly does! But I’m still wondering where to obtain official firmware downloads for the TTOG. :man_shrugging: