Can I avoid data being shown in other gateways' Traffic in TTN Console?

Yes, of course. I receive some messages(maybe 1 of 5) but not all in the Traffic tab.

Please be more specific.

Also, in the application tab, my GW doesn’t appear in the Metadata in the messages I don’t receive. There is another GW with even better SNR and rssi than mine, how can it be possible?
Thanks!

In my application data I have all messages that the node sends. In those messages I can see other GW (not mine) in the metadata with better SNR and rssi than mine (when I receive messages in my GW, obviously) which is so strange. However, not all of those messages are shown in my gateway traffic tab, just 1 of 5 more or less.

Most likely your gateway has an issue like bad antenna connectors or similar. Can you tell RSSI and SNR of the messages received by your gateway?

SNR: 11.5 and rssi: -53

Thats quite strong and good and typical of ‘in room reception’ - in similar circumstances with +14dBm Tx I see typically values ranging from -28 to -65 for RSSI (mostly -45 to -65 depending on respective antenna orientation etc.) in a room perhaps 5m-6m max :slight_smile:

1 Like

What kind of gateway do you have (manufacturer and model)?

Do you have a single channel gateway?
It could explain why you don 't receive all the messages transmitted by your node while other multi channel gateways are picking them all.

Good point.

I’d like to remember that Single Channel G… is a deprecated (understatement) and incorrect phrase.

See: Single Channel Packet Forwarders (SCPF) are obsolete and not supported

I am using a Multitech Conduit IP67 AEP. It has been working nice for months, receiving all packets with no trouble. Just having problems since two days.
Thanks everybody for the time.

Ok, I have been investigating and had some conclusions.
The other gateway that appears in the metadata is the same gateway that I am using, but with the hardware ID. In the multitech configuration panel I have selected packet forwarder mode and vinculated to TTN.
So, currently, I have like two packet forwarders working with TTN.
However when I select the network server mode and obviously, the TTN packet forwarder installed and working, I loose a lot of packets in the way.
I am working with firmarware 5.0.0. May it be the problem?? I have to say that TTN installation guide is very poor as it says nothing about lorawan configuration in the Multitech wizard…
Some help? Thanks!

Once you installed the TTN software you should not use the MultiTech wizard at all. Local network server should not be used.

Ok, so what can be the problem? I install the packet succesfully and whatever is selected in the wizard, the behaviour is not the desired…
Maybe the firmware?? Does TTNpacket work with all GW updates?
Thanks

You should install the software and ••not•• use the wizard at all for LoRaWAN settings. Only run the installer for the software.

That’s what I do. I install the packet and “forget” the wizard. But it doesn’t work the proper way and I don’t know where the problem can come from.

Caused me all sorts of drama this. Need to be a good distance away! See all kinds of weirdness

how can i post my question on this Forum. Trying for last 5 hours but no way. Thank you

If you start with a factory fresh MultiTech gateway and only run the installer you will have only one packet forwarder running, the mp_pkt_fwd. If after installation you used the wizard to configure LoRaWAN settings might change things in a way that make two packet forwarders run. If that is the case you could run the installer again and hopefully that resolves the issue.

Ok, nice. I will fresh the GW and test it.
Thanks for your time, I’ll explain my results.

Just tested it. It works nice now, 0 packets lost and fast working.
Thank you!!!

1 Like