Can use the things network server for a commercial use!

I am working on lorawan so want to use things network for commercial use so please help me with these !!!
if it is possible to use things network commercially what about payments!!

Are the customers of the ‘commercial use’ aware that if TTN breaks down, it is only fixed on a best endevours basis, there is no service level agreement ?

Are the suppliers of the ‘commercial use’ providing their own Gateways ?

https://accounts.thethingsindustries.com/fee-calculator

thank you . but things industries is same as things network!! i am asking about settings decoding etc

yea i also want to know. :slightly_smiling_face:

No it’s not and no you weren’t.

You asked about commercial use and fees.

You did not ask about settings or decoding.

If you want to use LoRaWAN for commercial activities, having us spoon feed answers isn’t going to fly - you need to learn it properly:

1 Like

The pricing TTN provided seem trivial to me.

I have a question that I couldn’t find an answer to. Suppose I am running TTS on my own local hardware with no involvement from TTN. Am I allowed to make use of such network commercially? Am I allowed to deploy private networks on private hardware running TTS locally for profit?
This means there is no involevement with TTN and if TTN potentially breaks down, this will not affect me. I do have to upkeep the servers myself.

Is using ths open source software for commercial use okay?

Yes. Yes. Thats correct. Yes & Yes!

1 Like

That’s the easy bit - particularly if you rent the hardware at a reliable provider with decent connectivity - you are paying them for that service.

It’s running the stack that you will have to be sure you can do well enough that you don’t end up in a situation where something has happened and you have to figure it all out by yourself, with some random thoughts from people on here who are sensible enough not to try to run the software themselves.

Just give it some thought about how much you value your time before you go all out with this money saving exercise.

1 Like

As a general issue with all open source software, does the customer understand that if there is a problem, it may only get fixed on a best endevours basis ?

If you feel fully confident that you can deal with all problems that may occur, then its not a problem.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.