Changing the username

Hi guys
I am needing to change my username on thethingsnetwork. I noticed that since the editing of the profile it is not possible, if the administrators can make that change, please indicate to me in which way I should request the change of username.
Thank you in advance.

Hugo

user-id unique and every user-id only used for once. no change the user-id if you want change username only one possible delete your account and create new account with updated user-id

:warning: Be VERY careful when doing this. Never delete your account when it still has anything registered to that. Once devices or gateways have lost their ownership they will keep working, but there’s no way to register them again, so there’s no way to access a device’s data, and you won’t be able to see a gateway’s traffic in TTN Console.

If one really must change a username then first create a new account, then make sure to transfer ownership of gateways, applications and devices, thoroughly read all warning messages you see and test if all still works, and only then delete the first account. Or maybe better yet: just leave that first account inactive.

Related: What happens if I deleted my user account on the TTN account server (http://account.thethingsnetwork.org)? and How can I reuse hardcoded AppEUI and AppKey after I deleted an application?

(As for the forum: moderators can change a forum account’s username, but as TTN uses Single Sign-On, I’ve no idea what the results would be: surely the username would be changed in the Discourse forum database, but things might go south after that.)

1 Like

yes sir